Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 06:42 PM

314 posts, read 845,904 times

Advertisements

My family and I are moving to Pittsburgh from New Orleans and are extremely excited about having all the seasons (here we only have Humid and Hot) especially Fall. We will be moving as late as mid-October. Will we miss alll the best colors or make it just in time? And if we make it, where are some of the best drives to soak it all up?

Last edited by jinxd_13; 09-02-2007 at 06:43 PM.. Reason: misspelled word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 06:48 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,034,221 times
Quote:
When is the best time for fall colors??
Are we talking fashion or foliage?

Fall fashion is my fav.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:39 PM

Default Knee slap

Mine too. I just want to live in a place where I can dress in accent colors that match the tress and where something besides green I need gold, and red and browns etc etc. Help a sister out.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:48 PM

136 posts, read 689,201 times
umm...I would say depending on indian summer(how long it stays 50+ at night) it could be anyway from mid to late october and maybe into early november.

you should see it....as far as where to go? it would appear that you will be able to take it all in, in town(frick park and schenley have tons of tree's.) you could also take in the view on mt washington. I would also suggest mount davis as it's realitively close. Davis is the highest point in PA and is nestled in plenty of trees'

Old 09-02-2007, 07:51 PM

Fall fashion is great and just in the last week to two, it's coming to the stores. American Eagle's fall is really spectacular so far. It'll be in completely starting the first week of October, that is a rule of fashion.

Pittsburgh has every season and quite distinctly. Summer can be mighty hot and humid sometimes, winter can get fairly bitter sometimes, fall is always beautiful, colorful, and crisp and spring is always fresh, breezy, and green.

You will really enjoy the wide array of fashion options here, I could never live somewhere hot all the time, I would be so bored with myself.

We have perfect turtle neck, sweater, hoodie, and wool/pea coat weather, something you probably don't see much of. We also have great seasons for light denim or corduroy jackets. I love the rich fall colors and winter layers. Trust me, in our climate, there is always the right time to wear something.

BTW, Fall fashion begins in late August and runs thru until about mid- November.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:56 PM

Default ~wiping a tear from her eye~

...turtlenecks and peacoats...That's beautiful. And makes me think of Booddock Saints.Yum. Anyway, I haven't been able to dress for fall or winter in the 5 years I have been here, Before here was Austin which is no better. I grew up in Birmingham, Al (don't hold it against me, I left) and we had mild season's there. I cannot wait to get to Pittsburgh!!!!

Old 09-02-2007, 08:04 PM

You wanna see some beautiful fall colors? Check these out - stunning.

Men's Eagle Academy Polo - American Eagle Outfitters

The link doesn't take you to the right color scheme. Down in the color box check out Grey Rich Teal/Navy with the white trim and my personal favorite Cadet Red/Mahogany also with white trim. Those are the perfect fall polo's while you can still do short sleeves!!

This is also really nice - I saw it in the store, but online it's hard to distinguish the colors.
Loden Green/Black with yellow trim.
Men's Eagle Stripe Polo - American Eagle Outfitters

And this jacket I also saw in the store and is SO nice:
Men's AE Motocross Jacket - American Eagle Outfitters

I am into high fashion which this stuff certainly isn't. But for the price, that is NICE sh*%.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:07 PM

136 posts, read 689,201 times
yeah it's fun where that stuff until you realize that you'd die if you didn't have it...winter sucks it's so overrated by you southerners.

boondock saints = good movie.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Thanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototypepariah View Post
umm...I would say depending on indian summer(how long it stays 50+ at night) it could be anyway from mid to late october and maybe into early november.

you should see it....as far as where to go? it would appear that you will be able to take it all in, in town(frick park and schenley have tons of tree's.) you could also take in the view on mt washington. I would also suggest mount davis as it's realitively close. Davis is the highest point in PA and is nestled in plenty of trees'
That is sooo comforting. I am dying to experience a chilly, creepy, color infused Halloween. Down here its almost impossible to dress up my daughter in a costume. It was 95 last year. Yuck!!

Old 09-02-2007, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototypepariah View Post
yeah it's fun where that stuff until you realize that you'd die if you didn't have it...winter sucks it's so overrated by you southerners.

boondock saints = good movie.
The grass is always greener or the snow whiter whatever. Try buying a new car, having the AC go out in two weeks and not be able to drive it until 3 weeks when the part comes in from Germany. Its so damn hot and muggy, you would want to die without AC. I just think you Northeners don't know what you got. You grew up iceskating and skiing so you take it for granted:0

Yeah, its a great flicjk isn't it?
"I'll see you on the flipside"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh