Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 08:06 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,095,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
"Progressed"? Um, it wouldn't' have progressed in those years. Nothing progressed Brian. You should at least know that much. It would have just been an expansion of the mess it is. The city fell for the most part with only some tiny pockets holding on. Very sad state of affairs back then with such a huge retraction. We won't fully recover in my lifetime, but at least it is getting better for the most part. Not getting better in some areas though. Penn Hills and some other areas are getting worse as violent crime increases at an alarming rate.
The term "progressed" doesn't imply improvement you dolt, merely moving forward. All things progress over time. Honestly, if your going to choose to be hyper-critical at the very least have command of the language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 09:22 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobick View Post
The term "progressed" doesn't imply improvement you dolt, merely moving forward. All things progress over time. Honestly, if your going to choose to be hyper-critical at the very least have command of the language.
So, in the context of Brian's post his use of the term, "progressed" would mean progressed into a hellhole? Nice try, but I think I know Brian well enough to post as I did, which was correct. Good try though. If you have nothing to add, try and attack someone's grammar.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:33 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Honestly, if your going to choose to be hyper-critical at the very least have command of the language.

Ahem.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:36 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Honestly, if your going to choose to be hyper-critical at the very least have command of the language.

Ahem.
Guess I should pay attention to such details. That would have been fun to say, but I don't care much about all that on some forum. I type so fast and my computer corrects words as I type, so I probably have typos going on left and right, but it is just some forum, not a college thesis.

Great post though.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post

Ahem.
Touche, but my larger point still stands.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:41 AM
gg

Quote:
Touche, but my larger point still stands.
Too funny. My larger point still stands as well. Taking something out of context and trying to make it fit, doesn't fly. Of course that is what the media does all the time, so it probably flies for many, I guess.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
So, in the context of Brian's post his use of the term, "progressed" would mean progressed into a hellhole? Nice try, but I think I know Brian well enough to post as I did, which was correct. Good try though. If you have nothing to add, try and attack someone's grammar.
He says "it's impossible to know how the neighborhood would have progressed", meaning moved forward, this really isn't that difficult. It's a neutral term. If you've consistantly proved nothing else it that you don't know Brian at all.

Also, that's not a grammatical attack, it's one of appropriate usage and a definitional one.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Too funny. My larger point still stands as well. Taking something out of context and trying to make it fit, doesn't fly. Of course that is what the media does all the time, so it probably flies for many, I guess.
Out of context....you don't read context.

What was out of context? Please provide it too me. You clearly don't know what that phrase means.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:49 AM
gg

Quote:
It's a neutral term.
Neutral? Brian? He has consistently stated how much the Hill would be a better place if it wasn't for that Civic Arena in the way. Personally, I think all that is a joke. It wasn't the Arena. It was the road system separating the Hill from the downtown.

The context is what it is. You can have your opinion, but I have read too many posts by Brian stating that the Civic Arena was a killing factor for that region.

Life is too short. You are just squawking about one word and trying to hang on it. You didn't even get the word your/you're correct in pointing out what you feel is my grammatical mistake. Does any of it matter? Not really. I could care less about your misuse of the word "your". I knew you meant your are. Means nothing to me.

Furthermore, you called me a name, which is against forum rules. Of course when I see names flying, I know the person calling them is admitting defeat.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Neutral? Brian? He has consistently stated how much the Hill would be a better place if it wasn't for that Civic Arena in the way. Personally, I think all that is a joke. It wasn't the Arena. It was the road system separating the Hill from the downtown.

The context is what it is. You can have your opinion, but I have read too many posts by Brian stating that the Civic Arena was a killing factor for that region.

Life is too short. You are just squawking about one word and trying to hang on it. You didn't even get the word your/you're correct in pointing out what you feel is my grammatical mistake. Does any of it matter? Not really. I could care less about your misuse of the word "your". I knew you meant your are. Means nothing to me.

Furthermore, you called me a name, which is against forum rules.
The term is neutral.

You are the one who singled it out and based an entire response on it.

You claim I quoted you out-of-context but can't explain how.

You're correct, I misused or mistyped "your", Congrats, I admit errors when I make them, that's what adults do.

I apologize if I hurt your feelings, I must remember to use kid gloves when responding to you posts in the future; I had no idea your were so delicate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh