Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 10:33 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,717,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyKhalifa View Post
That's so wonderful and bright!
It's quite beautiful.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 10:34 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
What I think of when I think of Pittsburgh in the winter:
Aqua, you are no doubt not alone with the amazing amount of negative Nancys in our region. I have never lived in anyplace or visited any region that complained about winter like the Pittsburgh people do. I used to get upset by it, but now realize I am very lucky. I love snow! Here is how I view winter in Pittsburgh. Obviously, nothing like 90% of Pittsburgh gloom and doom'ers.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:36 AM
gg

We are very blessed here in Fox Chapel of course. Roads are almost dry and the beautiful white snow is gleaning from the sunshine. I should take some pictures to show what it is like here. I realize most like the normal mud we have, but I prefer the bright white snow. It doesn't' get dirty in the Borough, so I can understand how some might get upset knowing we have this beauty for as long as it doesn't melt.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Aqua, you are no doubt not alone with the amazing amount of negative Nancys in our region. I have never lived in anyplace or visited any region that complained about winter like the Pittsburgh people do. I used to get upset by it, but now realize I am very lucky. I love snow! Here is how I view winter in Pittsburgh. Obviously, nothing like 90% of Pittsburgh gloom and doom'ers.
...So what you're saying is that those images aren't a representation of the city in the winter? Because they were taken in the city.... in the winter.

Not sure how that makes me a negative nancy but ok.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:44 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
...So what you're saying is that those images aren't a representation of the city in the winter? Because they were taken in the city.... in the winter.

Not sure how that makes me a negative nancy but ok.
My picture was also taken in the city! Just because you find some bus that is dirty and a main street that is slushy, doesn't mean it represents the entire city. Walk down Devonshire right now. Walk down Beech. Walk down Reynolds. Goodness, I can find where a bird crapped on a car and say that is Pittsburgh, but I can also take a picture of a Cardinal sitting in a tree that has snow gently laying on it and say that is also Pittsburgh. Aqua, you do focus on the negative. Steel also does. There are some that do and some that don't. Just because you view things like that bus, doesn't mean we all do. Many would prefer to walk a side street and enjoy the beauty. Also, snow has another amazing quality that so many don't notice because they... well just don't see the world or listen. Most are too busy texting. Anyone know what the snow does to sound? Yes, it absorbs it. Such a neat little quality that I love.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:47 AM
gg

This picture is by CMU. In the city. Some will always focus on a slushy bus, and some will focus on people's yards and all the beautiful snow. Negative Nancy's are always around. Even in Florida, people would complain about weather. Some just love to complain.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:51 AM

1,714 posts, read 2,358,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
This picture is by CMU. In the city. Some will always focus on a slushy bus, and some will focus on people's yards and all the beautiful snow. Negative Nancy's are always around. Even in Florida, people would complain about weather. Some just love to complain.

Complaining about complainers, eh?

Old 01-20-2012, 10:52 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,085,170 times
Looking outside at the snow covered hill with leaf-less trees last night is way cooler than looking outside in the summer at leafy trees. You people that don't appreciate the awesomeness of snow just because it's inconvenient to drive in are really missing out on one the most beautiful wonders in nature, imo.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:52 AM

Life must be magical when you live in Fox Chapel and have money because all these photos are real.

Once again.... this is how I view the city in the winter because that's how it actually is. Some people like it like this. ::shrug::

I'm still failing to see how I'm a negative nancy since I have not had one complaint in this thread, I'm just showing pictures of the city in the winter. It's your personal interpretation that's painting others as such Curt.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:56 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwave09 View Post
Looking outside at the snow covered hill with leaf-less trees last night is way cooler than looking outside in the summer at leafy trees. You people that don't appreciate the awesomeness of snow just because it's inconvenient to drive in are really missing out on one the most beautiful wonders in nature, imo.
Yes, we do exist. There are those that really enjoy it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh