Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 03:03 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,226,055 times

Advertisements

He even mentioned in the article that he attended Taylor Allderdice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 04:48 PM

1,174 posts, read 1,586,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
It's impossible to have a "slime" factor greater than Obama unless your last name is Soros, Fuld, Dunlap, Hitler, Goodell or Pelosi.
Yeah...providing working people with the ability to procure and afford health insurance...the nerve of that guy!

We need a candidate like Santorum. A real man's man who will tell those sissy rape victims to keep the children that they've been impregnated with as a result of THEIR trashy habits. OR Rick Perry who's wants to stop the gay menace that plagues our military. Or Michelle Bachman, who is all about states rights and doesn't get that whole "abolition of slavery" thing.

That's right liberal pansy Amerikuh...you're going down!!! *fires shotgun into the air, dislocates shoulder by elbow dropping a flaming picnic table after jumping from the top of the doublewide, and accrues $80k in medical debt because his job doesn't provide health insurance*

Old 01-26-2012, 05:10 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-tip motha View Post
Yeah...providing working people with the ability to procure and afford health insurance...the nerve of that guy!
Never mind that we can't even afford our existing federal programs, let alone any new ones.

Quote:
We need a candidate like Santorum. A real man's man who will tell those sissy rape victims to keep the children that they've been impregnated with as a result of THEIR trashy habits. OR Rick Perry who's wants to stop the gay menace that plagues our military. Or Michelle Bachman, who is all about states rights and doesn't get that whole "abolition of slavery" thing.
Never mind that I don't like Rick Santorum either. Never mind that slavery is unconstitutional, so any state that'd even dare to reinstate it would be smacked down in an instant by the Supreme Court. And never mind that no state would even have the courage to do it because there'd be hell to pay economically when companies, both based there and based in other states, stop doing business there.

Quote:
That's right liberal pansy Amerikuh...you're going down!!! *fires shotgun into the air, dislocates shoulder by elbow dropping a flaming picnic table after jumping from the top of the doublewide, and accrues $80k in medical debt because his job doesn't provide health insurance*
Looks like conservatives don't have a monopoly on stereotypical ignorance after all.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:58 PM

1,174 posts, read 1,586,629 times
Quote:
Never mind that we can't even afford our existing federal programs, let alone any new ones..
Our antiquated cold war military model and playing world police man eats up faaaaaaaaaaaaar more than those social programs you're complaining about, and helps no one in your community.

Quote:
Never mind that I don't like Rick Santorum either. Never mind that slavery is unconstitutional, so any state that'd even dare to reinstate it would be smacked down in an instant by the Supreme Court. And never mind that no state would even have the courage to do it because there'd be hell to pay economically when companies, both based there and based in other states, stop doing business there.
We are in agreement then?

Quote:
Looks like conservatives don't have a monopoly on stereotypical ignorance after all.
You misunderstand me if you think that I'm saying its a strictly a conservative trait. Its a 'nutball' one that exists on both sides of the political spectrum. You and I both know there are people out there who hear some of these Conservative candidates and think "yeah..that's what I'm talking about!" At this rate I don't think the Republicans have much of a chance to win this election, because all that they're putting forward is backwards crap. There are no moderate Republicans who can get swing voters. Its all about god, gays, and cutting social programs while protecting big business. If we really want to get specific about paying off our debts there are a lot of places to start that people don't have to rely on (not out of their own fault but because of our loss of manufacturing jobs that supported the middle class). I don't know about you, but I find it ironic when people who don't have health insurance and are one lost job away from major debt and long term poverty ignore how fragile their economic existence really for the sake of judging people they don't know.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:25 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
[quote=Q-tip motha;22726307]Our antiquated cold war military model and playing world police man eats up faaaaaaaaaaaaar more than those social programs you're complaining about, and helps no one in your community.[quote]

I don't like our military playing world police officer either; it doesn't change the fact that Barack Obama's nationalized health care plan is both unaffordable and unconstitutional. Besides, the social needs of "communities" should be met at the local and state level, not the federal level. Federal micromanaging is a huge waste of money and resources.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:21 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,018,179 times
PPACA, aka Obamacare, actually pays for itself and then some.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:51 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,154,568 times
Obamacare also mainly relies on the privte sector to get people who aren't insured insurance even though it does make some more people eligable for Medicare.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:31 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,018,179 times
There is a new cost element in that it provides subsidies to lower-income people who nonetheless don't quality for Medicaid or Medicare but also don't have employer-provided insurance, which will help them afford the insurance policies that will be offered through the state insurance exchanges. But it more than pays for those subsidies with a combination of new revenues and cost savings.

Incidentally, I do find it amusing that Obama is declared as bad as Hitler for proposing and eventually signing a health care approach that historically enjoyed wide support from Republicans--including, as it happens, the two remaining frontrunners for the Republican presidential nomination. I guess we are just a country full of "Hitlers".

Old 01-27-2012, 08:03 AM

6,601 posts, read 8,982,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
There is a new cost element in that it provides subsidies to lower-income people who nonetheless don't quality for Medicaid or Medicare but also don't have employer-provided insurance, which will help them afford the insurance policies that will be offered through the state insurance exchanges.
It should be noted that "lower income" in this case has a wider than usual definition. It is up to 4 times the federal poverty level, which was $88,000/year for a family of 4 in 2010.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:28 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,140,512 times
Slime factor? You mean Santorum of course. Though he does look better than Boehner, Cantor, New, Willard, Rupert, Hannity, Rush, Koch Brothers, Dick Mellon Scaife, Pat Robertson... but not much.

Santorum is so clueless and misguided that he felt compelled to ignore the reality that it does in fact take a village, and not just a family.

What an idiot. Either he is clueless or pandering to similarly clueless so called Christians who don't know enough about their own religion to realize the communal aspects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh