Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 10:49 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,648,632 times

Advertisements

LOL This is just silly now.

Did you actually even move here?

Old 02-21-2012, 10:51 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,628,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
BUT....IF we wanted to buy in this town, we should KNOW who to call in a situation like this shouldn't we? and also learn what the policies are around here as opposed to Florida. Because see, now that we know, we learned, and are more educated when we will buy, and we'll make sure we're not in an area that could have this issue, or other issues that are not on our immediate likings list.

Its called doing our "homework", and not going by: "Ohh nice house, let's buy it", and then 30 days later find out all sorts of crap being wrong with it.

I am the "preventive" kind. You don't think that just because we happen to "rent", that we should be oblivious to our surroundings, and not be interested in learning about things that could affect us directly some day?
But you didn't buy. You rent (therefore you have a landlord.) If you have that tree cut down yourself, your landlord could sue you.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:59 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,297,748 times
I called Duquesne to ask WHO is going to cut those branches.

I can call Duquesne and ask them any question I want, WE pay the electric bill. FROM THAT to "telling the landlord" is a bit of an extended road, especially when I had no intention to ask the LL to do something about it. I was shocked to learn of the "sometimes this year" spill, considering that on my street back in Europe the city/electric co/phone co wouldn't let anyone touch their wires, let alone allow the "homeowner" to hire tree companies!

This is the first time we live in a city where this is no concern to the wire owners. (in this case the phone company)

I am sorry for not sugarcoating it. Not my style.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:01 AM

This is my LAST reply on this thread. Please read behind a few pages! Seriously, read backwards, or read from the top, whatever works, NOWHERE have I said "we" were cutting anything! OMG give it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
But you didn't buy. You rent (therefore you have a landlord.) If you have that tree cut down yourself, your landlord could sue you.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:07 AM

674 posts, read 1,412,385 times
Quote:

I can call Duquesne and ask them any question I want, WE pay the electric bill. FROM THAT to "telling the landlord" is a bit of an extended road, especially when I had no intention to ask the LL to do something about it. I was shocked to learn of the "sometimes this year" spill, considering that on my street back in Europe the city/electric co/phone co wouldn't let anyone touch their wires, let alone allow the "homeowner" to hire tree companies!

This is the first time we live in a city where this is no concern to the wire owners. (in this case the phone company)

It has nothing to do with sugarcoating. Your original posts tend to lack details or specifics, or just plain don't make sense. Sure you can ask the power company anything you want. But guess what, we can tell you that you're asking the wrong person.

I don't think Duquesne Light is encouraging anyone to touch their power lines. I am quite certain that would be a bad idea.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:19 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,692,470 times
Quote:

After all these pages, you still don't get it. The tree belongs to the property owner. The property owner has the right to cut the tree if he or she wishes to do so. The utility companies have a "right of way" around their above ground and underground utilities. Therefore, even though they don't own the tree, they have the right to trim it around their lines. The utility company cannot forbid you from cutting your own tree.

In this particular case, as you are a renter, your landlord owns the tree. If and when you purchase a home, if the tree is on your property, you have the right to do whatever you want to said tree. Similarly, if there is a "right of way" for a utility company, they have the right to protect their lines. If they deem that there is no immediate risk of damage to the lines, then they will address the situation when they see fit.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:22 AM

What details? that was IT!

Old 02-21-2012, 11:23 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,628,511 times
Quote:

Quote:
NOWHERE have I said "we" were cutting anything!
Look lady. It's not my style either. I didn't use the word "we" as you insinuated I did. I am just telling you that the landlord is responsible. If you call Duquesne Light, they will say you gave them the green light to do whatever. The landlord can and probably will sue your ass because you took matters into YOUR own hands without you tellinig them.

Quote:
Please read behind a few pages! Seriously, read backwards, or read from the top, whatever works, !
Maybe you should go back and read what everyone is trying to explain to you. But apparently you refuse to listen and do what you wish. Whatever.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:24 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,692,470 times
Quote:
This is my LAST reply on this thread. Please read behind a few pages! Seriously, read backwards, or read from the top, whatever works, NOWHERE have I said "we" were cutting anything! OMG give it up!
Quote:
What details? that was IT!
Sweet! I just won ten bucks!!!

Old 02-21-2012, 11:26 AM

No, YOU don't get it...sorry...I am VERY much aware that the physical act of cutting anything on this property has to be done by its owner! "I" originally wanted to know who these wires belong too, and who should physically cut those branches. Nothing more. Now, not only have we beat a dead horse, but we continue to kill it over and over again, and frankly I can't tell why? my original question has been answered a few pages ago!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh