Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 01:07 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,296,782 times

Advertisements

No, this is where you're wrong.

My question to Duquesne was 1. "who" do these wires belong too? (since originally I had no clue they were phone wires, I don't work in that field to make the distinction myself) and 2."who" is "allowed" to cut the tangled branches!

Nothing more.

Edit: SINCE at first I did not know they were phone wires, it was an "electric service" question...because IF they were electric wires, they could have interrupted "my" service. Therefore my call to Duquesne was more than justified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghgirl17 View Post
You're not asking questions about electric service to your home. You're asking about cutting a tree that does not belong to you. Your lease likely restricts any alterations you could make to the home. This would qualify as such.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:09 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
No, this is where you're wrong.

My question to Duquesne was 1. "who" do these wires belong too? (since originally I had no clue they were phone wires, I don't work in that field to make the distinction myself) and 2."who" is "allowed" to cut the tangled branches!

Nothing more.
That completely contradicts your first post.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:39 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,296,782 times
How?

See below...

"I called Duquesne light to inform them that we have one tree that has several branches going "through" the lines parallel with the street...they called me back after inspecting that, and told me that those were phone lines! OK...so who's the phone company? we have FIOS Bundled...so I have no idea what other "phone" companies are around here. Thinking it was "their problem" per what we were used to in FL, (where it didn't matter who you were as long as the electric company knew tree branches were tangled with wires so they can remove them), and since I was not aware of the details yet as to who owned those wires. Mind you, I have no way of knowing if they truly "inspected" that as I personally did not see any trucks around.

Also, Duquesne said not to cut those branches unless licensed somehow. Basically their response was that "even" if I do find out who the phone lines belong too, (company wise e.g Verizon, Comcast etc) the phone company cannot cut those branches unless they have some special license which Duquesne didn't think they had!? In this paragraph I relayed what they said. Which made zero sense to me. We were not going to mess with them PRECISELY because of those damn wires.

Duquesne won't cut them now; they said "they'll cut them "sometime this year" (pretty specific I guess )...so what's the weather like for the rest of the year? because if those branches break those lines, I'll be stuck in the driveway! Or is that what Duquesne is waiting for?? And here is where it got confusing, and where I made a sarcastic remark about the weather considering the damage I saw in photos from last summer...because while they said its not their wires, and said that the phone company should not cut them either, all of the sudden they were going to cut them sometime this year? WHAT?

Suggestions?" Then I was looking for suggestions, as if "this has happened to someone else, or it was just us". Or as in "someone else also noticed their confusing answers and knew of a better way to make sense of it." etc etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
That completely contradicts your first post.
...and then all hell broke loose! & I showed you the pics so you can see what that looked like. To Me/Us, Coming from living in FL for 10 years, where (hurricanes included) we never had any tree issues ever, I found the response I got from Duquesne to be confusing and weird. If they would have just said that its not their wires, and its the owner's problem it would have been the end of the conversation right there, but then they turn around and said that the phone company should not cut them either, and that "they'll cut them sometime this year"...even though it was not their wires...came across a bit strange don't you think? If I wanted to relay this to the landlord I couldn't because it was the dumbest conversation I ever had with a rep. Made no sense. In Florida its simple, if it is NOT tangled with wires of any sort it is the owner's problem, if it is, the electric company is the one to call. No one else, and the electric companies there could care less who calls to report this type of stuff as long as they don't damage their wires which in turn will cost them more money to replace.

Peace!

Old 02-21-2012, 03:30 PM

2,458 posts, read 4,202,032 times
Ya know, through all this discussion, I'm not sure it's ever been clarified that the tree in question isn't on public property anyway, and therefore not the landlord's problem either. Cause just because it might seem to be on the property, without knowing where the property line is (street rights of way are often much larger than the pavement itself), there's really no telling. (At least from the information presented here.)

Old 02-21-2012, 03:37 PM

2,001 posts, read 2,511,574 times
The tree in question is not Mt lebanon responsability, that is for sure. There is no public tree on that street.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:55 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,822 times
This is going nowhere constructive.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh