Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2012, 10:42 PM

456 posts, read 833,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Well so is the run down , depressing Sh*itty Pittsburgh....at least we use more Public Transit and are greener then u...

Old 05-27-2012, 11:03 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,153,428 times
Quote:
Well so is the run down , depressing Sh*itty Pittsburgh....at least we use more Public Transit and are greener then u...
Uh oh! Maast called in for some reinforcements! You've probably never even been here and you people definitely drive more than us. At least we're smart enough to know how to pump gas. Also, FYI, Pittsburgh is one of the highest amounts of LEED certified buildings in the US idiot.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:03 PM

1,334 posts, read 1,807,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maast View Post
So I should offer criticism on how to improve Pittsburgh? Am I city planner? It's a reflection of Pittsburgh. Is there expected format for a reflection?
You don't need to be a city planner to think of ways a city might be improved. But then, only someone who cares about a city would think along those lines.

Your reflections of Pittsburgh are as much a reflection of yourself as anything else. We all apply our own biases on whatever we observe and those biases often obscure what we fail to observe. As others have pointed out, you don't seem to have really bothered to investigate the area, but if you never planned to stay in the first place, there'd be no real reason to do so from your perspective. But that also means that what observations result are largely insubstantial, and, indeed, your initial post is lacking in substance. It also doesn't help that you go ahead and throw out "all natives are white trash and black", which demonstrates how little you actually cared to investigate Pittsburgh and also how little you regard those who live there. Most telling is that you're surprised that people responded poorly to that.

However, thank you for offering the positive. That's an attribute of Pittsburgh I also enjoy.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:09 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,743,952 times
"If you're bored, then you're boring." -Harvey Danger

Old 05-27-2012, 11:30 PM

783 posts, read 2,022,164 times
Quote:
You're greener than us? Really? That's your best insult? Completely embarrassing and pathetic.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:33 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,153,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Golf09 View Post
You're greener than us? Really? That's your best insult? Completely embarrassing and pathetic.
LOL

Old 05-28-2012, 01:07 AM

74 posts, read 295,179 times
Tu est francais alors?
Or maybe from Amsterdam?

Old 05-28-2012, 01:15 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,014,869 times
As a Detroit-area native, I agree that the Great Lakes anchor a distinctive region, and that Pittsburgh is very much not of that region. To permit myself an anecdote, it was very interesting for me to spend several years in Chicago after having lived for many years in Pittsburgh--Chicago definitely felt much more familiar to me, confirming it was part of a region with Detroit that did not include Pittsburgh.

Of course we have been through this many times. If people from the Northeast Coast don't think Pittsburgh is of their region, and people from the Great Lakes don't think Pittsburgh is of their region, then the most reasonable thing to do is admit there is another region between the Great Lakes and Northeast Coast. And fortunately, there are ample other grounds for accepting such a region to exist.

Old 05-28-2012, 02:39 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,851,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
Uh oh! Maast called in for some reinforcements! You've probably never even been here and you people definitely drive more than us. At least we're smart enough to know how to pump gas. Also, FYI, Pittsburgh is one of the highest amounts of LEED certified buildings in the US idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Golf09 View Post
Snores..... Oh Plz , We drive less....1.8 Million New Jerseyites use Public Transit more then Philly and more then Crappy T Transit.... We have MOAR LEED certified Buildings then Pitts-burgh.... We are greener then you , we can take Mass Transit anywhere , it runs 24/7 on the major lines...so hows service the T , I heard it never shows up...only 200,000 of Pittsburgh's finest residents use it... Gee , that's how many people use the Newark Bus Network......and Newark has a higher transit usage then Pathetic Pittsburgh. So tell me , can you take the LRT to go sking ?

Old 05-28-2012, 02:49 AM

4,692 posts, read 9,035,351 times
I'm trying to think of a nice city in New Jersey. It's very difficult. Can anyone help me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh