Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 06:20 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,003,811 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure about the movie, but Pittsburgh (and the car) look good!

Exclusive: Jack Reacher trailer premiere | Movie Editor's Blog - Yahoo! Movies UK

Looks like they have an extended scene in The Strip next to the Produce Terminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 06:25 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Kind of cool the highest paid actor in Hollywood had a movie filmed here. Doesn't look like my cup of tea with it being a typical Hollywood type movie with all the violence and of course romance forced in there, but that is to be expected. Thanks for posting the link and yes that was in the Strip District at the end.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:11 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,890,414 times
Is it just me or did the background music sound a lot like "MI" music??? Oh well looks good.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:30 AM

I don't know if Cruise can pull off the physicality (this has been the complaint of fans of the books), but I thought the trailer otherwise looked pretty promising--a little gritty, some humor, and so forth.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:34 AM

Totally random aside, but I finally saw Abduction the other day (once we could get it for free on-demand). It was a better movie than I was expecting, even though Shark Boy is entirely one-note and there was a pointless and annoying for-the-tweenies romantic subplot, and it definitely showcased Pittsburgh well.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
Totally random aside, but I finally saw Abduction the other day (once we could get it for free on-demand). It was a better movie than I was expecting, even though Shark Boy is entirely one-note and there was a pointless and annoying for-the-tweenies romantic subplot, and it definitely showcased Pittsburgh well.
Yes the only thing I liked about Abduction was it's Pittsburgh backdrop.....finally a movie that Pittsburgh wasn't portrayed as some Depressing town (i.e. Wonder Boys) or some other place (i.e. Inspector Gadget)....

Not since Striking Distance has Pittsburgh played Pittsburgh and viewed as a Modern City.

Hopefully Jack Reacher and Perks of a Wallflower will deliver Pittsburgh on the same level Abduction did.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:11 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,645,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Is it just me or did the background music sound a lot like "MI" music??? Oh well looks good.
Trailers often use music from other movies, or music that's not even in the movie. The score/music is I think often one of the later things to be finished so it's probably not done yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Not since Striking Distance has Pittsburgh played Pittsburgh and viewed as a Modern City.
You forgot The Next Three Days. Pittsburgh was Pittsburgh, and it seemed a very normal modern city, not at all depressing. The movie really pummeled you though!

Old 07-04-2012, 08:17 AM

1,657 posts, read 2,689,161 times
She's Out of My League, too. Pittsburgh was Pittsburgh, and I seem to remember Market Square being really dressed up.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:36 AM

2,290 posts, read 3,825,377 times
I thought Wonder Boys made Pittsburgh look like an intellectual and sexually liberated city.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
You forgot The Next Three Days. Pittsburgh was Pittsburgh, and it seemed a very normal modern city, not at all depressing. The movie really pummeled you though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ML North View Post
She's Out of My League, too. Pittsburgh was Pittsburgh, and I seem to remember Market Square being really dressed up.
Ahhhh Yes, clearly forgot about those......Next Three Days did do the city good and clearly on the same "Cop Chaser" level as Striking Distance.

Movies like She's Outta My League and Zack & Miri are what I call "Frat" Comedies and Pittsburgh does play very well with those types of movies since we have a lot of that "Frat" Demographic....A lot of Adam Sandler movies would be set well in the Burgh...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh