Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2014, 08:43 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,846 times

Advertisements

If some Brewer was going to do something ridiculously stupid to cost the Brewers a game, well, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy than Carlos Gomez.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 09:21 PM

316 posts, read 437,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herodotus View Post
Bucs have the first wild card spot now. Just need to keep even with the Giants to host the game next week.
Would be nice to see them not need to play that one elimination game.

Old 09-22-2014, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksburgh View Post
Would be nice to see them not need to play that one elimination game.
In fact, it might even be worse if Bucs tied StL, as they'd have to play an extra game anyway to determine the NLC winner, at Busch. And if they lost that, they'd have to play SF anyway. So you could be looking at two games before reaching the NLDS, and you'd lose the day off on Sept 30.

Than again, if you love baseball and are a bit of a masochist, you want every game possible

Anyway, to advance straight to NLDS Bucs would need to win division outright. If Cards went 3-3, Bucs would need to go 7-0. That would be fun to see, but it ain't gonna happen.

Old 09-22-2014, 06:50 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Had a great time at the game, did the old bike to the game, parked for free, brought my own peanuts for a buck, signed up as a DD and got a free Coke, got a free hot dog from the gun, on a down note my wife left me for Sauerkraut Saul. Oh, by the way, the Pirates won the game!

Old 09-22-2014, 07:57 AM

1,714 posts, read 2,359,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Yep. Just think where they'd be with a few more quality MLB players.
Where the As are?

Old 09-22-2014, 08:34 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyKhalifa View Post
Where the As are?
In the wild card?

Their season may work out or it may not but the good thing about the A's is that they try to do everything they can to win a championship.

They also have 9 championships compared to the Bucs 5. Sure would be nice not to have to live off those constant '79 and '90 team commercials of "back in the day", but I do understand that many here are simply satisfied with 2 winning seasons in 22 years, and 2/8 is considered fabulous.

Last edited by erieguy; 09-22-2014 at 08:47 AM..

Old 09-22-2014, 10:24 AM

814 posts, read 1,150,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
In fact, it might even be worse if Bucs tied StL, as they'd have to play an extra game anyway to determine the NLC winner, at Busch. And if they lost that, they'd have to play SF anyway. So you could be looking at two games before reaching the NLDS, and you'd lose the day off on Sept 30.

Than again, if you love baseball and are a bit of a masochist, you want every game possible

Anyway, to advance straight to NLDS Bucs would need to win division outright. If Cards went 3-3, Bucs would need to go 7-0. That would be fun to see, but it ain't gonna happen.
Call me crazy, but I'd much rather face the Nationals in the NLDS than the Dodgers, even if it means having to go through a Wild Card game. We know we can hang with the Nats and I just don't see any chance of winning a 5-game series where Kershaw potentially pitches twice.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that412 View Post
Call me crazy, but I'd much rather face the Nationals in the NLDS than the Dodgers, even if it means having to go through a Wild Card game. We know we can hang with the Nats and I just don't see any chance of winning a 5-game series where Kershaw potentially pitches twice.
Agree. I do think Bucs can beat anyone if they play smart and clean, but in addition to Kershaw, Kemp finally seems to have remembered he's an MVP-calibre player in his prime. He's off the charts in 2nd half - higher SLG than Marte, right behind in OPS. Nats would be the easier draw. Let the Cards take care of Kershaw as they seem to get to him regularly.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:52 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
Agree. I do think Bucs can beat anyone if they play smart and clean, but in addition to Kershaw, Kemp finally seems to have remembered he's an MVP-calibre player in his prime. He's off the charts in 2nd half - higher SLG than Marte, right behind in OPS. Nats would be the easier draw. Let the Cards take care of Kershaw as they seem to get to him regularly.
16/1 to win the WS, so if you think they can beat anyone, place your bet as those are great odds.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:14 PM

2,269 posts, read 3,801,277 times
Playoff spot clinched!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh