Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2014, 02:47 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,264,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ07035 View Post
What does that mean?

He's on their payroll?
Just like the Bucs spend money at other media outlets, I'm sure they've paid for a few subscriptions. I pay little attention to local media but DK is good for that yinzer/homer reporting, which also helps bring in readers to pay for his site.

Last edited by erieguy; 11-30-2014 at 03:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 11:48 AM

Bucs rumored to have signed Liriano for 3/$39m. Good to see a bit of money being spent. Hit that $100m payroll with quality signings and they could sustain some success.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:16 PM

2,290 posts, read 3,832,507 times
Awesome. This is an organization with a commitment to excellence.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
Awesome. This is an organization with a commitment to excellence.
Lol. Not even close, but that is what they want you to believe. Would have looked very bad to have let Martin and Liriano walk. When payroll hits $100m/+, then they will be dedicated to winning.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:57 PM

876 posts, read 1,146,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. Not even close, but that is what they want you to believe. Would have looked very bad to have let Martin and Liriano walk. When payroll hits $100m/+, then they will be dedicated to winning.
Until they hit $100 million. Then it will be $120 million.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboPGH View Post
Until they hit $100 million. Then it will be $120 million.
No idea why anybody cares that the Bucs spend money, but I'm sure Bob thanks you for watching his wallet. They can afford to be at $100m. No reason not to do it, sign actual MLB talent, and be competitors every year. If Neal is the GM many think he is, and the last 2 seasons haven't been a fluke, he should have no problem wisely spending on the right players.

Last edited by erieguy; 12-09-2014 at 08:36 PM..

Old 12-09-2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
No idea why anybody cares that the Bucs spend money, but I'm sure Bob thanks you for watching his wallet. They can afford to be at $100m. No reason not to do it, sign actual MLB talent, and be competitors every year. If Neal is the GM many think he is, and the last 2 seasons haven't been a fluke, he should have no problem wisely spending on the right players.
Wait... I thought the last two years were a fluke? I thought it didn't matter how shrewd Huntington is because Nutting is too cheap for him to be effective? Is Francisco Liriano "actual MLB talent" or not?

You're starting to slip, old sport. It would save you a lot of time if someone just set you up with a random word generator that spit out 1,000 ways to say "Nutting is cheap / the Pirates won't win unless they spend $10 million more than they currently spend / I've never heard of the latest player they just signed or any of these prospects yinz keep talking about, so they must not be any good / all of you fans buying some of the cheapest tickets in baseball to watch a talented young team coming off back-to-back playoff appearances play in the most beautiful ballpark in the world are clearly suckers."

Or you could just keep doing it manually. I must say, I'd admire your dedication to redundancy.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:24 PM

I
Quote:
Wait... I thought the last two years were a fluke? I thought it didn't matter how shrewd Huntington is because Nutting is too cheap for him to be effective? Is Francisco Liriano "actual MLB talent" or not?

You're starting to slip, old sport. It would save you a lot of time if someone just set you up with a random word generator that spit out 1,000 ways to say "Nutting is cheap / the Pirates won't win unless they spend $10 million more than they currently spend / I've never heard of the latest player they just signed or any of these prospects yinz keep talking about, so they must not be any good / all of you fans buying some of the cheapest tickets in baseball to watch a talented young team coming off back-to-back playoff appearances play in the most beautiful ballpark in the world are clearly suckers."

Or you could just keep doing it manually. I must say, I'd admire your dedication to redundancy.
Slipping? Not a chance. Huntington shrewd? You mean like that shrewd Grilli/Frieri trade you thought was such a great move?

The last 2 years have been a fluke. The Bucs regressed last year as I said they would. Of course he's actual MLB talent. Are you saying he's not for what they signed him for?

I do understand now why you're against spending to be competitive. Cheap tickets are more important than putting payroll in the middle of the league to be more competitive. Payroll goes up, tickets go up, and that's not in your interest.

Last edited by erieguy; 12-09-2014 at 09:33 PM..

Old 12-09-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:

I do understand now why you're against spending to be competitive. Cheap tickets are more important than putting payroll in the middle of the league to be more competitive. Payroll goes up, tickets go up, and that's not in your interest.
Ah ****, ya figured me out; too poor to afford a real winner. There's just no hiding a secret motivation from you, is there?

Move over, Mark Madden: this man is the real supergenius.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Ah ****, ya figured me out; too poor to afford a real winner. There's just no hiding a secret motivation from you, is there?

Move over, Mark Madden: this man is the real supergenius.
The only reason that somebody would be worried about the Bucs spending money that they certainly have to make the team better. Low payroll=low ticket prices and better seat options.

Last edited by erieguy; 12-09-2014 at 09:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh