Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2012, 08:47 PM

1,174 posts, read 1,586,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
You write that and then write 5 long, rambling, ill informed, lacking in life experience, flawed paragraphs taking quotes from me and trying to rebut what I say. It's so rambling from one sentence to another I cannot track any cohesive thoughts.

Apparently I am worth arguing with. LOL!
You have to actually post something of factual relevance or at least containing a justifiable logic for someone to debate and potentially form a rebuttle to it.

Your posts have been entirely lacking in this respect. Homosexuality is wrong because our civilization depends on offspring? Really? With close to 7 billion humans on the planet we clearly need to put an even greater strain on food production or the environment. We need more people? For what?

While you may have made a compelling argument against homosexuality for a time when our civilization (or civilization period) was predominantly agrarian in nature, that argument is contextually (along with your 'experience'...pause to briefly choke from laughter) antiquated and irrelevant given the overall nature of life in this country at this point in time.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:55 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,035,351 times
Quote:
As I said, stop trying to ram it down other people's throats what others should think and do
Funny that you feel that way. When are anti-gay groups going to stop telling gay couples that they can't get married?

Also, doesn't sharing your feelings about what other people "should think and do" fall under freedom of speech? Aren't the "pro family" anti-gay groups the ones that are trying to not only tell, but make laws about what they think gay people should not do? I don't know of any groups that are trying to dictate the lives of heterosexual couples, so I'm not sure why you have the impression that gay rights groups are "anti-family." Gay people don't care what heterosexual couples do. Why do heterosexual couples care about, and get involved in, gay couples' lives? That is what Cathy is doing when he donates money to things like the Family Research Council:

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=166095

Last edited by PreservationPioneer; 08-06-2012 at 09:24 PM..

Old 08-06-2012, 09:13 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,035,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Really funny how the stupid try and put words in other's mouths to try and prop up their odd little opinion. Here let me help you. I am ONLY saying a gay couple can't have their own children without the help of an outsider. I NEVER said they can't have a family or aren't a family themselves.
Let me break it down for you, Curtis.

BrianTH wrote that the "pro-family" groups Cathy supports are actually anti- gay family, which makes them anti-family.

h_curtis wrote: " Sorry, but it doesn't work that way for men. I suppose a women can get a donor, which of course comes from a man. You may want to rethink your.... well whatever you are trying to say."

How was it "stupid" of me to come to the conclusion that you do not consider a gay family a real family, based on that statement, which was obviously intended as a rebuttal to BrianTH's post? What exactly was your point, if not that gay couples cannot have offspring, which makes them something less than a "family." And if you agree that gay couples are families, then how can you disagree that the "pro-family" groups who oppose the rights of gay couples to get married, adopt, hold a job, etc. are actually "anti-family," as BrianTH stated?

You said it best yourself, Curtis: "You may want to rethink your.... well whatever you are trying to say."

As an aside, I enjoy debating with you, Curtis. I seriously have no personal dislike toward you, even though I just nailed you to the wall.

Last edited by PreservationPioneer; 08-06-2012 at 09:41 PM..

Old 08-06-2012, 10:31 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,041 times
This thread should help the guy in the newer thread on finding a conservative area to live. All the pro-Chick-Fil-A folks should help him find a place.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:47 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
All the pro-Chick-Fil-A folks should help him find a place.
That would be 99% of the area considering the massive crowds they are getting these days thanks to the stupidity of the media and the lowly followers.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:50 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Allegheny, you can define a "family" any way YOU please. Adopting children, having dogs, a cat or whatever. That is all a family to many. If you want to have your own children or children at all and you are a gay couple, you are going to need a handout from somewhere. That is all I am saying. All the other words you are trying to put in my mouth aren't worth defending, because I didn't say them.

Anyway, can't wait to get a chicken sandwich. I think I will wait a few weeks, so this thing dies down a bit, because the lines will be too long.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:42 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,675,687 times
See you on Monday:

See You On Monday - Chick-Fil-A Song - YouTube

I've had it on my ipod now for 6 months, one of my favorite songs.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:43 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,842 times
Quote:
There is not a single comment in the entire article that anything at all to do with gays, any anti gay comments, anything to do with gay people at all. Not a thing. This whole brouhaha is a total fraud.
Actually it has everything to do with gays and if you are aware of Cathy's full comments you would know this. I'll repeat what I said earlier, Cathy wants to impose his view of his religion's view of marriage on to state marriage which is not a religious act.

And once again he can think and say what he wants. He can also spend millions of dollars like has on groups that despise groups of Americans like gays and want to prohibit gays from having legal rights that other Americans have.

he can do all of this, but everyone else can call him out on it. Period.

And others can respond... by eating more fried chicken.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:03 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,881,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Actually it has everything to do with gays and if you are aware of Cathy's full comments you would know this. I'll repeat what I said earlier, Cathy wants to impose his view of his religion's view of marriage on to state marriage which is not a religious act.

And once again he can think and say what he wants. He can also spend millions of dollars like has on groups that despise groups of Americans like gays and want to prohibit gays from having legal rights that other Americans have.

he can do all of this, but everyone else can call him out on it. Period..
Too bad people didn't get this upset when our President who until a couple of months ago had the exact same position as Cathy on the issue, though it's easier to attack a private citizen rather then someone who has the power to actually change the laws which are viewed as discriminatory (and still has done nothing more then claim an evolved thought on the issue).

Old 08-07-2012, 06:57 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,554,665 times
Quote:
See you on Monday:

See You On Monday - Chick-Fil-A Song - YouTube

I've had it on my ipod now for 6 months, one of my favorite songs.
If you enjoyed that, you may also enjoy Chow Down (At Chick-Fil-A). Look it up, it's a wonderful spin-off of the Wilson Phillips song "Hold On." Totally "pro-family" or something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh