Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2007, 03:47 PM

13 posts, read 61,131 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I recently purchased a home in Pittsburgh and am looking to replace sheetrock and insullation asap. Closing is actually tomorrow ! I am looking for someone who knows the expense and stress involved with moving to a new state, purchasing a new home and raising a family and will be able to give me a reasonable price for doing the work.

If you know anyone like this please let me know. I would like to arrange an appointment for Friday Oct 5th if possible. Everyone on this forum has been a great help with helping me figure out how to decide which areas were the best for my family and I. I thank you all very sincerely...

Thanks Guys,

-SS

Last edited by SlipperySlope; 10-03-2007 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: unfinished
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 06:16 PM

104 posts, read 353,418 times
Hey Slope

Welcome to the burgh. Sounds like we're in exactly the same position. If you find someone (maybe when you're done with them) can I have their name too?

Jen

Old 10-04-2007, 08:18 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipperySlope View Post
Hi,

I recently purchased a home in Pittsburgh and am looking to replace sheetrock and insullation asap. Closing is actually tomorrow ! I am looking for someone who knows the expense and stress involved with moving to a new state, purchasing a new home and raising a family and will be able to give me a reasonable price for doing the work.

If you know anyone like this please let me know. I would like to arrange an appointment for Friday Oct 5th if possible. Everyone on this forum has been a great help with helping me figure out how to decide which areas were the best for my family and I. I thank you all very sincerely...

Thanks Guys,

-SS
been looking for OVER a year for someone reasonable that I can hire for a month, to finish up numerous projects.. Cant get anyone around here to work..

Old 10-04-2007, 10:00 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,997,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
been looking for OVER a year for someone reasonable that I can hire for a month, to finish up numerous projects.. Cant get anyone around here to work..
Have you tried one of the retired handyman services in the area?

Professional Handyman Service

Handyman Matters - Monongahela, PA - Article - Handyman Matters of South Pittsburgh win Angies List Super Service Award (Handyman Category) Year 2006 (http://www.handymanmatters.com/Local-Article.asp?locID=50&artID=11 - broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipperySlope
I recently purchased a home in Pittsburgh and am looking to replace sheetrock and insullation asap.
You'll need more than a handyman for hanging/finishing drywall.

Have you considered posting an ad on craig's list?

Old 10-06-2007, 11:41 AM

13 posts, read 61,131 times
Default I have some Contractor Info to share

Hi Everyone,

Great news, I found a contractor in the area! They came down and gave me a very reasonable estimate. Very nice people, they even recommended ways to save money and advised against doing projects that could be restored or repaired instead of replaced.

I know that there are many people in the area who are looking for someone who is reliable and reasonably priced. I will give you guys the info on the company as soon as they are all finished up at my house. I will let everyone know how it goes. I have a good feeling about the project and hope that my instincts are correct (crossing fingers).

Wish me luck...

-SS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh