Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2012, 09:49 AM

142 posts, read 363,918 times

Advertisements

So lucky me I guess. I just had the pleasure of finding out that I won a raffle at work for 2 tickets to the Steeler's "VIP Training Camp" experience tomorrow from 2 to 6 pm. Seems to look like a good time, and might even cause me to get a little less apathetic about football season. My attention is too much on the Buccos at this point.

In any case, has anyone ever gone to this or know someone who has? There's a meet and greet with some players, buffet dinner, and we get to watch practice at field-level. Seems pretty cool. Just thought I'd see if anyone has done this before.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 10:08 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,532,157 times
Have not been but enjoy! Should be cool if you're at all into football. And a great day too with quite unusually cool weather for August.

I hear ya about being apathetic about football season. I don't have a lot of attention towards the Pirates either, but that story is more interesting to me right now. My enthusiasm for football has waned a lot over the last 18 months or so. I'm paying effectively no attention to football....

Old 08-11-2012, 02:54 PM

783 posts, read 2,012,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshM25 View Post
So lucky me I guess. I just had the pleasure of finding out that I won a raffle at work for 2 tickets to the Steeler's "VIP Training Camp" experience tomorrow from 2 to 6 pm. Seems to look like a good time, and might even cause me to get a little less apathetic about football season. My attention is too much on the Buccos at this point.

In any case, has anyone ever gone to this or know someone who has? There's a meet and greet with some players, buffet dinner, and we get to watch practice at field-level. Seems pretty cool. Just thought I'd see if anyone has done this before.

Thanks!
I did it a few years ago and it was awesome. There was Bob Pompeini talking about the upcoming season and taking questions from fans, then they showed a video about the previous season. Lots of drinks and snacks. Mostly light snacks than an actually "buffet". I don't recall getting much meat or potatoes. Mostly cookies and things like that. Then everyone headed down to the practice field, pretty much right on the sidelines. After that, you come back in and wait for 2 players to come back and sign autographs. Usually one of the players is a vet and the other a rookie. They also gave away free stuff, like a steelers hat or t-shirt. Nice day for sure.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:14 AM

1 posts, read 4,083 times
I also have vip passes for Thursday I have never been either! Sounds cool! Would like to know more! See ya there!

Old 08-06-2014, 12:01 PM

41,018 posts, read 17,988,144 times
Never took part in the VIP dealio but training camp is neat to go to even if you're not much of a football fan.

The NFL "Hard Knocks" show is a behind the seens show that follows a team through training camp. A good show even if you're not a football fan. This year the Atlanta Falcons are the team.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:03 PM

41,018 posts, read 17,988,144 times
If you didn't want to go you could certainly sell the tix if they're transferable.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:38 PM

912 posts, read 1,722,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtmartin View Post
I also have vip passes for Thursday I have never been either! Sounds cool! Would like to know more! See ya there!
Well the original post is from 2012, so I doubt you'll see him tomorrow.

Have fun though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh