Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 02:14 PM

4,359 posts, read 7,530,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
A very small home sold up the street from me for $300+, but it is really cool looking.
That house does have great curb appeal.

Just checked and the house sold again for 30,000 less. It was bought by the son of a local realtor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 02:21 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrobrob View Post
That house does have great curb appeal.
Yes, and it was very well maintained. If you look it up, they paid cash. They had to. Even the strongest buyers would have to put a lot of money down, due to the appraisal. I have to say the sellers were very lucky. Even $250K would be high for that size home and the location is pretty deep in the valley with much less sunlight. It is nice and quality. Love that front door. The new owners totally remodeled it. They have enough money, so it didn't matter. Nice situation and they got what they wanted, so all is good. The only issue is the neighbors all feel, wow my home is worth a fortune. They have proof from those Cali buyers. Glad I am not a real estate agent that sells anymore. What a pain stuff like that is. Convincing sellers it was a one time deal and very rare to be so luck. Agh.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:22 PM

472 posts, read 626,684 times
Quote:
No, it doesn't, but owners feel they have more than the market bears more times than not.

Sometimes a home sells for more than real value and the buyers pay cash. No bank would loan such money on something so small. A very small home sold up the street from me for $300+, but it is really cool looking. Someone from Cali wanted it and that was that. Is the home next door worth the same? No, but they probably think they are getting some crazy price like that. There are the same size homes a few doors down for 1/2 that price, but they don't have the curb appeal and have been on the market for over a year. Real estate isn't as easy to figure out as some think, but whatever.

Sure, the market over there is booming. All homes are worth $500K or more. It is a gold mine and you are on the cutting edge. Do you feel great now? Been around a long time my friend. You might get lucky. Someone from Cali wants it and you get that lottery you wanted.

Well, we got an excellent deal on the place and payed outright for it so not all that concerned about losing money on the deal since the house has appreciated over the past few years and there is a lot of renovation going on on our block.

While I appreciate sarcasm from most people. Yours is lost on me the emoticon you choose to use in every post is equally unecessary. Good thing you got out of real estate your calling is trolling message boards.

and yes I do feel pretty great thank you for asking.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:24 PM

Not to mention our money was made on the last invesment property our goal in this house was to help out a community in need what better place than Wilkinsburg.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:25 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,675,363 times
Quote:
No, it doesn't, but owners feel they have more than the market bears more times than not.

Sometimes a home sells for more than real value and the buyers pay cash. No bank would loan such money on something so small. A very small home sold up the street from me for $300+, but it is really cool looking. Someone from Cali wanted it and that was that. Is the home next door worth the same? No, but they probably think they are getting some crazy price like that. There are the same size homes a few doors down for 1/2 that price, but they don't have the curb appeal and have been on the market for over a year. Real estate isn't as easy to figure out as some think, but whatever.

Sure, the market over there is booming. All homes are worth $500K or more. It is a gold mine and you are on the cutting edge. Do you feel great now? Been around a long time my friend. You might get lucky. Someone from Cali wants it and you get that lottery you wanted.
holy hell, did anyone mention $500k or a housing boom? i already said i paid practically nothing for this house. and you said there could be NO appreciation. you were wrong. live with it.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
you were wrong. live with it.
Who says, the homeowner? Wrong? I doubt it, but whatever. I am out of that business and bursting people's bubbles was one big pain in the butt. Yeah, your home is worth a pile. Good for you. I am not listing it and could care less. Just that the readers on the forum shouldn't be swindled into thinking there is some huge appreciation in our region. Taxes make it very hard to have that situation. Believe what you like though.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:37 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,675,363 times
i will believe what an appraiser said and not some internet know it all who thinks market value is inextricably tied to assessed value. thanks.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:39 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,018,179 times
You all should realize he doesn't actually care about any of this--he just wants the attention. There is a good chance he isn't even reading through your posts before nominally responding to you.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Who says, the homeowner? Wrong? I doubt it, but whatever. I am out of that business and bursting people's bubbles was one big pain in the butt. Yeah, your home is worth a pile. Good for you. I am not listing it and could care less. Just that the readers on the forum shouldn't be swindled into thinking there is some huge appreciation in our region. Taxes make it very hard to have that situation. Believe what you like though.

Well being that the population in the city is consistly increasing, the proximity of this area to frick park, the busway, 376, downtown, monroeville, lower income taxes, bigger houses for less who haven't been broken up and turned into multi family units like other areas in the east end region. And my favorite the increase in people caring less about what can their neighborhood do for them but what they can do for their neighborhood.

Also, I'm sure you don't self medicate yourself to sleep at night but doze off thinking about all the people you have helped and have saved from bad investments while never attempting to put others down to make yourself feel less insignificant.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
You all should realize he doesn't actually care about any of this--he just wants the attention. There is a good chance he isn't even reading through your posts before nominally responding to you.
Yes, my 20+ years in real estate makes no difference in my perspective Brian. I have listed and sold 100's of homes, but what the heck would I know? Homeowners are always right and they are spot on. No need for another opinion. I mean, they know the value and have no reason to think it is worth....well a bit more than market value. Yep, homeowners are always spot on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh