Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 06:06 PM

2,458 posts, read 4,203,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
and The Hartwood, though I don't know how it is recently.
I don't know how it is recently either, but I can assure you that there was plenty of absolutely excellent grading and drainage work that went into the parking lot and the hillside next to it. Really top notch stuff. The concrete pad at the far side of the parking lot that holds the garbage dumpsters is quite nice as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 06:19 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchdigger View Post
I don't know how it is recently either, but I can assure you that there was plenty of absolutely excellent grading and drainage work that went into the parking lot and the hillside next to it. Really top notch stuff. The concrete pad at the far side of the parking lot that holds the garbage dumpsters is quite nice as well.
LMAO!

I should hire you to do my ditch!

Ooops that didn't sound right, did it?

Old 09-17-2012, 06:42 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,652,966 times
Funny, we stopped at Narcisi several years ago I think not long after it opened. Did not get food though, just tasted the wines, and haven't been back. I don't even know if they had a restaurant open at that time, but I think they might have had something open.

Wonder how long ago the chef was at Siba. That place was hit or miss, have been a handful of times over the years but probably not in the last 2-3. It was a little different each time.

Couple places I'll put in a plug for:

Bella Frutteto, Brandt School Rd at Rt 910 by I-79 in Franklin Park. Pretty good what I would call Italian comfort food (it's not super creative most of the time but it's solid).

Zuppa's Deli, Rt 19 in Pine Township just north of Wexford Plaza. These guys know their soup as you might expect from the name, and they make great sandwiches too among other stuff. It's 3 guys who used to work at the Bravo chain who wanted to start their own shop.

And when you want to really go out to the sticks:

Waffles Inc in New Brighton. Absolutely worth the drive even from the city and actually soon enough you won't have to drive way out there because they're opening a new place in the South Side.

Burgh'ers in Harmony. I've mentioned this before in the burger discussions. I think they do perhaps the best burgers and fries in the area, but they do a lot more too, including old-time cocktails now, great stuff.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:06 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,542,794 times
Well, who knows, the 4 times my wife and I were there the food seemed top notch, plus free entertainment.

But then, I love a good mac and cheese.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:07 PM

2,458 posts, read 4,203,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
LMAO!

I should hire you to do my ditch!

Ooops that didn't sound right, did it?
Depends on what you need. The older I get, the lazier I get. These days I pretty much try to avoid anything that'll require me to get off the machine and actually raise my pulse rate...

Old 09-17-2012, 07:23 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,672,917 times
lots of suburban places get talked about in the regular foodie thread! but whatever. let's all play city vs suburbs cause it's sooo fun and not getting tiresome at all.

i don't know if there's anything there for me (since i don't eat meat), but the golden pig in cecil (korean food) is supposed to be amazing. and it's kind of an institution that everyone probably already knows about, but my husband took me to hyeholde in moon township for my birthday one year and it was *awesome*, and the restaurant itself is beautiful.

oh and udipi (vegetarian south indian) in monroeville is basically my favorite restaurant!

Old 09-17-2012, 08:40 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,986,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
I know most of this forum would rather chew nails then eat in the 'burbs.
Don't know about you North Hills types, but we're well taken care down here in the South Hills

Murderer's Row in Mt. Lebanon: Little Tokyo, KousKous, Orbis Caffe, Il Pizzaiola, Bistro 19.

Heck we can throw in Pizza A'Badamo, Aladdins, My Big Fat Greek Gyro, Walnut Grill and Sesame Inn. All within 3 blocks.

Whatcha got to be that?

Old 09-18-2012, 03:03 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
Burgh'ers in Harmony. I've mentioned this before in the burger discussions. I think they do perhaps the best burgers and fries in the area, but they do a lot more too, including old-time cocktails now, great stuff.
Harmony is a cool little town. I'd live there if I could find property I liked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
But then, I love a good mac and cheese.
Have us over for your famous burgers, and I'll bring my outstanding homemade mac and cheese. Few people appreciate good mac and cheese these days. Kraft ruined it. When my children were young, we had a little friend visit. I asked the little guy what he liked to eat. He said mac and cheese. I was so excited. I rarely ge to make my mac and cheese (hubby hates cheese anything). I served my masterpiece and the boy looked at it like it was garbage. He had never seen real mac and cheese!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchdigger View Post
Depends on what you need. The older I get, the lazier I get. These days I pretty much try to avoid anything that'll require me to get off the machine and actually raise my pulse rate...
We're contemplating digging out the foundation of our detached garage or tearing it down entirely. Both ideas raise my heart rate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
lots of suburban places get talked about in the regular foodie thread! but whatever. let's all play city vs suburbs cause it's sooo fun and not getting tiresome at all.
I'm glad Copanut started this thread. I don't even opened the other one because it's useless to me. I rarely go into town to eat, unless I'm meeting one of my city friends and then they pick the place. Hubby and I prefer to go local. That's just us. But I didn't go into the "regular" foodies thread and rant about most of the posts being about city restaurants. I simply avoided it because I wasn't going to waste time searching through it for something convenient to where I live or areas where I most often visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar
i don't know if there's anything there for me (since i don't eat meat), but the golden pig in cecil (korean food) is supposed to be amazing.
Thanks! Who would have imagined a korean restaurant in Cecil! We're spending a lot of time in the outlying areas looking at real esate. Next time we're in Washington County, we might give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
Whatcha got to be that?
Larger lots of land, newer road system, and less traffic congestion!

Old 09-18-2012, 05:24 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,542,794 times
My wife brought home take out from Endoras, formerly the Cross Keys Inn, pretty good.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:28 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,373,781 times
I've driven by there many times. When they hold an affair it looks like 1000s attend. Men drink wine?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh