Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 10:25 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,341,840 times

Advertisements

Had you been in Pittsburgh, you could have watched the Pirates be continue to be depressing losing to the ASTROS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 10:45 PM

461 posts, read 746,841 times
Indeed; I drove back from Philly on Monday and was surprised to see some red and yellow trees. I'm hoping for a colorful fall!

e

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
It may just be me, but ive been noticing color on the trees this year earlier than in recent years. I drove to Baltimore today and was amazed at how much color there was in the laurel highlands.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:58 PM

3,463 posts, read 4,633,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escilade18 View Post
Had you been in Pittsburgh, you could have watched the Pirates be continue to be depressing losing to the ASTROS
That hurts! We've had seasons like that, but not lately. The Pirates were actually looking pretty good earlier this season.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyrnes View Post
Indeed; I drove back from Philly on Monday and was surprised to see some red and yellow trees. I'm hoping for a colorful fall!

e
I hope there will still be fall color when I come in a few weeks.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:15 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,831,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliegt View Post
I hope there will still be fall color when I come in a few weeks.
There will be. Peak isn't until the third week of October here. The color lasts a long time. The only thing that can ruin it is too much rain or a super severe frost. We haven't been having much rain and it's not super cold. I have no doubt you will be seeing lots of color when you get here. Knowing many people who live in San Fran, I guarantee that our tree filled hillsides will blow your mind, green or colored. That's one of the main things people from San Fran love about Pittsburgh. It's very lush here by comparison.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
There will be. Peak isn't until the third week of October here. The color lasts a long time. The only thing that can ruin it is too much rain or a super severe frost. We haven't been having much rain and it's not super cold. I have no doubt you will be seeing lots of color when you get here. Knowing many people who live in San Fran, I guarantee that our tree filled hillsides will blow your mind, green or colored. That's one of the main things people from San Fran love about Pittsburgh. It's very lush here by comparison.
Yes. San Francisco is very windy and street trees don't do well here. But the hilly geography and the old houses remind me of SF. And, we don't get much fall color here.

Old 09-23-2012, 04:58 AM

20,273 posts, read 32,942,390 times
It is a bummer you had to cancel this time, but October is absolutely my favorite month here.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
It is a bummer you had to cancel this time, but October is absolutely my favorite month here.
Thanks. I'll be able to spend more time in October. I was only going to be there for the weekend on this trip. It actually worked out better this way. My biggest concern is that someone else makes an offer on the house before I've had a chance to see it. I've told my realtor to call me immediately if there's any activity on the house. According to him it's been on the market awhile and it's overpriced so there isn't much interest. My other concern is that the sellers won't accept my offer if I do decide to make one because they're holding out for an unrealistic price. Ah, the joys of home buying!

Once I firm up the dates I'm going to be there I may just organize an informal forum meetup. I'd really enjoy meeting the people I've been communicating with all these years.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:23 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,831,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliegt View Post
Once I firm up the dates I'm going to be there I may just organize an informal forum meetup. I'd really enjoy meeting the people I've been communicating with all these years.
When and how long will you be here? We're planning some short trips. Nothing finalized yet. Hoping we'll be here when you are.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
When and how long will you be here? We're planning some short trips. Nothing finalized yet. Hoping we'll be here when you are.
Ideally the latter part of the week of the 1st or even the entire week of the 7th. Gotta see what things are like at work. October looks like it will be busy. I'll post as soon as I know. Hopefully early this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh