Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 09:58 PM

1,104 posts, read 2,591,308 times

Advertisements

Greensburg-Hempfield with a combined population of 75,000 people, if one contiguous area, would be the second largest populated area in Southwestern Pennsylvania after Pittsburgh. It's a true satellite city in its own means, which is a big reason for its comprehensive nature of amenities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 01:23 PM

3 posts, read 3,069 times
Dear people of Greensburg, I want to know what is the situation in your city works with the work. I choose for my family a place to переезда. for a family with children I see you have a very good schools and affordable housing. May be you have bad with the work? Entertainment is not the main thing. Sorry for English ,with him I have a problem.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:27 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irsid View Post
Dear people of Greensburg, I want to know what is the situation in your city works with the work. I choose for my family a place to переезда. for a family with children I see you have a very good schools and affordable housing. May be you have bad with the work? Entertainment is not the main thing. Sorry for English ,with him I have a problem.
I believe you are asking how easy it is to find a job (work) in Greensburg. Please correct me if I am mistaken. I'm not very familiar with Greensburg, but I would imagine many people commute to Pittsburgh or the eastern suburbs, such as Monroeville, for work. It is indeed a great place to raise a family, if that was also what you were looking for. The job market in Pittsburgh isn't amazing, but it has trended better than the U.S. as a whole during the past few years.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:37 PM

SteelCityRising,thank you very much for the reply. The eternal problem, work or a good place for a family and studies of children. Pittsburgh in this regard only to work,as well as schools normal virtually none.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:56 PM

1,763 posts, read 3,293,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irsid View Post
SteelCityRising,thank you very much for the reply. The eternal problem, work or a good place for a family and studies of children. Pittsburgh in this regard only to work,as well as schools normal virtually none.
There are many excellent school systems in the suburbs of Pittsburgh, much closer than Greensboro. Greensboro would be an option if you prefer a smaller city or if you already have a job nearby.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:25 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I'm not very familiar with Greensburg, but I would imagine many people commute to Pittsburgh or the eastern suburbs, such as Monroeville, for work.
Not so... many stay right there in central Westmoreland.
As the county seat, it employs many. And there's Kennametal and Excela... well, they are the major employers!

Old 10-30-2012, 03:28 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-burgher View Post
There are many excellent school systems in the suburbs of Pittsburgh, much closer than Greensboro. Greensboro would be an option if you prefer a smaller city or if you already have a job nearby.
The poster was asking about Greensburg, in PA.
Not Greensboro.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:59 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,692,965 times
Per Wikipedia, "Located southeast of Pittsburgh, Greensburg is a major business, tourism and cultural center in Western Pennsylvania. It is evident as the city's population doubles during work hours. The city ranks seventh in Pennsylvania in terms of daytime growth, behind Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Harrisburg, King of Prussia, Lancaster, and State College. It also ranks 16th in the United States for daytime growth among towns with a resident population between 15,000 to 24,999.[4] In 2007, Greensburg was ranked as one of the "Best Places to Retire" in Pennsylvania by U.S. News & World Report.[5]"

Greensburg, Pennsylvania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In other words, there are more jobs than people in Greensburg. That being said do not move until you have secured employment.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:22 PM

1,763 posts, read 3,293,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
The poster was asking about Greensburg, in PA.
Not Greensboro.
Sorry I knew that - too much time in NC I guess.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-burgher View Post
You're right ,a few schools, I met with a good rating,but the cost of housing is very high in those areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh