Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2012, 01:18 PM

13 posts, read 82,890 times

Advertisements

Hi, My Mother has come from India to USA.
I want to take her to eye doctor.
Since last year, My Mother is feeling some problem in her eyes, when ever her eyes blinks, she need to apply a force on open her eyes. This is not like normal eyes (generally we don't feel any force / pressure applied to our eyes while blinking)... This is not the vision problem, she already had the glasses.

When she checked with doctors in India, they said that its because of DRY eyes. and India doctor's suggested some eye drops, but nothing worked.

I took visitor insurance for her visit to USA.
but I think..insurance wont cover any this type of pre-disease.

Can you please suggest me the doctor's name. and also suggest if this can be covered under insurance.

Thanks a lot
Vipin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 08:03 AM

6,356 posts, read 5,002,654 times
Vipin - your post is a couple days old. have you found a doctor? give it another day here - the good people on this forum im sure will pipe in with suggestions.

i would think this might be an issue for a general practitioner rather than an 'eye doctor'. by 'eye doctor' i think you mean where you would go to get glasses- an optometrist or optician. i think you want an opthamologist - a doctor involved with the health of the eye, and likely better experienced/equipped for a diagnosis.

can you get her on your insurance somehow?

Old 10-18-2012, 08:24 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,530,389 times
Funny I don't remember seeing this post a couple days ago. Not sure how that happened, or maybe it was moved from elsewhere? Anyway.

This is a good ophthalmology practice that I've been to before and know some others with serious eye problems who are patients of one or more of these doctors: Eye Physicians and Surgeons LTD They work out of 3 different local offices, one of which may be more convenient than the others, or not. I'm sure there are other good doctors; this is just one group I know of most directly.

I don't know if it could be covered under the visitor insurance. That would be rather specific to the insurance policy and company that issued it. You may be right in thinking that a condition existing earlier may not be covered, but if it has worsened while here or something that may be one way to argue that it should be covered. Is the visitor insurance issued by a company in India or a company in the USA?

Old 10-18-2012, 08:28 AM

29,627 posts, read 34,082,392 times
And the insurance company will have a list of doctors who accept their insurance, so it's best to check there first.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:15 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,598,282 times
I second going to a regular (family, general, internal) doctor first. A neurologist may need to be consulted to rule out other causes.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:19 AM

13 posts, read 82,890 times
Thanks for your suggestion, I will try to search opthamologist here...

Old 10-18-2012, 11:56 AM

1,139 posts, read 2,484,727 times
Dr. Robert Arffa in Collier Township (Bridgeville)
Robert C. Arffa, M.D., Eye Care Pittsburgh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh