Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2012, 09:56 PM

441 posts, read 766,234 times

Advertisements

I love how h_curtis switched from repeatedly insisting that "it is barely a hurricane at all" to arguing about dogs and military spending as soon as it became obvious that Pittsburgh was going to walloped with rain and high wind.

Classic deflection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 10:01 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
If your dogs are barking all the time, I suspect you aren't a very good dog owner. No offense, but none of my dogs barked all the time. I never understood why dogs are always barking with some people. Funny little story, my neighbors have 3 dogs that bark every time they take them outside and it is VERY early in the morning and wakes the neighborhood. When they are out of town and have someone staying with the dogs they don't bark at all. It is all about the master of the dogs and not the dogs. Anyway, you should be the leader, not them.
Don't be silly. My dogs don't bark all the time either. Just during trick or treating when people knock on the door. Nobody else can hear them because they are inside. Dogs are supposed to bark when people knock on the door. It's their job.

Quote:
Cancel Halloween? That is sad. Kids love it and considering what we are leaving them with that massive spending spree on our military machine and wars, the least we can do is have a nice Halloween for them. They will have it very hard due to our odd decision making.
I'm LMAO! Do you really think having Halloween makes up for the debt we're passing to them? That's too funny. I've never been a fan of Halloween. I always caught the flu while trick-or-treating. I do my duty. I give out the candy. I compliment the kids. I'm not turning off the lights and going out to dinner with hubby instead. But I should.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirade View Post
The Weather Channel has a new map up that shows Allegheny County getting an inch or more of snow. Nothing about snow in their Pittsburgh forecast, though.

http://i.imwx.com/images/maps/truvu/...us_320x180.jpg
I hope we get snow!

Old 10-28-2012, 10:12 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,655,128 times
Quote:
The Weather Channel has a new map up that shows Allegheny County getting an inch or more of snow. Nothing about snow in their Pittsburgh forecast, though.
The temp predictions don't go below about 40 though the next few days, in fact warmer temp predictions than they were a few days ago. Not sure why they drew that snow map that way, but my guess would be it's just off a bit in where they mean the boundaries to be.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:19 PM

I suspect they have NO CLUE what will happen and they're just drawing maps.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:30 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,041 times
Quote:
Cancel Halloween? That is sad. Kids love it and considering what we are leaving them with that massive spending spree on our military machine and wars, the least we can do is have a nice Halloween for them. They will have it very hard due to our odd decision making.
So what Hopes should do is put out a milk crate of black walnuts on the curb with a sign telling kids to take some and plant them and in 20 years they'll have a $10,000 tree to help pay down their college debt. Kids don't come to the door so no barking, the kids have to take on personal responsibility for growing a tree which makes them better citizens, Hopes gets rid of her walnuts, everybody wins.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
The temp predictions don't go below about 40 though the next few days, in fact warmer temp predictions than they were a few days ago. Not sure why they drew that snow map that way, but my guess would be it's just off a bit in where they mean the boundaries to be.
I agree, but the North American Model now has Allegheny County in their snow projections, too.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:29 AM

Just had a power outage here in Brookline. Considering we've only had light rain, I fear for what will happen when the actual bad weather shows up. Charge your phones and get your flashlights together just in case.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:44 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,655,128 times
Quote:
Just had a power outage here in Brookline. Considering we've only had light rain, I fear for what will happen when the actual bad weather shows up. Charge your phones and get your flashlights together just in case.
Hard to know for sure that it's related to the weather unless you find out the precise reason for the outage. It has been raining, and the wet ground alone can fell trees especially on hillsides. Or it could be a reason completely unrelated to the weather like a transformer failure.

Hope your power is back by now.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:13 AM

1,763 posts, read 3,293,024 times
I'm worried about my elderly mom in Pine, last year the combination of a power outage and rain led to major basement flooding (she has a sump pump). She really needs a a generator but does not have one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh