Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 06:07 PM

3,463 posts, read 4,644,131 times

Advertisements

Got up at 4am to catch my flights to San Francisco. Delayed in Las Vegas due to wind and rain in SF. Finally got home to discover that the cat had peed on my bed multiple times. I'm now at the laundromat washing all my bedding. It doesn't get much better than this. FML, I miss Pittsburgh! And I really, really need to sleep.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:35 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliegt View Post
Got up at 4am to catch my flights to San Francisco. Delayed in Las Vegas due to wind and rain in SF. Finally got home to discover that the cat had peed on my bed multiple times. I'm now at the laundromat washing all my bedding. It doesn't get much better than this. FML, I miss Pittsburgh! And I really, really need to sleep.
Poor baby -- she didn't like her hu-mom to be away! Is this is trip where you're taking the critters back with you?

Old 12-21-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Poor baby -- she didn't like her hu-mom to be away! Is this is trip where you're taking the critters back with you?
End of January all the animals go back to Pittsburgh with me. Although I may see if my daughter wants to keep this cat who has never liked being one of many animals. She would much prefer to be the only pet. She gets especially stressed by one of the other cats and I think she'd do much better without all the others around.although if she does move with me I know she'll like it better in the larger house where she can carve out her own space. The place we're in now is just too small for a cat who doesn't like to be around other animals. When we lived in Redwood City, we had an equally small house, but it had more outdoor space and the animals were outside much of the time.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:16 PM

461 posts, read 748,464 times
Julie, I know that the weather is a pain when traveling, but it certainly is pretty here now...the dusting of snow outlines the trees and makes everything look so clean. You're gonna love it!

As far as the cat urine, I've had good luck with http://www.odorcide.com/; I used it when my sister's cat did the same thing to my bed, and it really did take the odor away.

Last edited by ebyrnes; 12-21-2012 at 11:21 PM.. Reason: Odercide link added

Old 12-21-2012, 11:26 PM

456 posts, read 832,881 times
What does pittsburgh have to do with your cat peeing?

Old 12-22-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maast View Post
What does pittsburgh have to do with your cat peeing?
It would seem not much. But, I bought a house in Crafton and was staying in it for the last two weeks, without my pets. I came home to SF yesterday and discovered one of my cats had peed on my bed. I missed being in my big house in Pittsburgh and not having to deal with anyone or anything but myself!

I'm also worried about everything I have to do to pack and move from SF to Pittsburgh. I'm really looking forward to being in Pittsburgh. I'm not looking forward to the actual moving process.

Old 12-22-2012, 06:44 AM

225 posts, read 299,736 times
Throw everything out and buy new!

Old 12-22-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyrnes View Post
Julie, I know that the weather is a pain when traveling, but it certainly is pretty here now...the dusting of snow outlines the trees and makes everything look so clean. You're gonna love it!

As far as the cat urine, I've had good luck with http://www.odorcide.com/; I used it when my sister's cat did the same thing to my bed, and it really did take the odor away.
Thanks! As the owner of five pets I think I have used just about every product on the market. Not sure if I've tried that one.

I drenched all the spots with one of those spray and wash laundry products and put everything in two huge front loaders at the laundromat. I used a ton of detergent and the hottest water and then put it all in the dryers on the hottest setting. It pretty much obliterated the smell. But it was the last thing I wanted to be doing after getting up at 4am and flying all day!

It will come as no surprise that the very first project I'm doing at the Crafton house is putting in a laundry room on the same floor as my bedroom. As a matter of fact, I'm having the plumbing done while I'm in SF so I can have it ready to go when I move in with all the animals. I figure I'll have some issues with five animals getting used to a new house and marking their territory. BTW, there's a phermone product for cats that I've found to work well. They make sprays and a plug-in that disperses the pheromone that only cats can smell. It relaxes them and helps in multi-cat household. I just discovered they make collars for cats with the stuff in the collar. I guess my kitty was stressed with me being gone so long. I'm going to get her one of the collars.

Old 12-22-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB&J O'Rourke View Post
Throw everything out and buy new!
I probably should have, but I went to laundromat instead. See other post.

Old 12-22-2012, 07:31 AM

2,634 posts, read 3,691,761 times
Next time you go away and leave your kitties, buy a very cheap plastic shower curtain and put it on your bed. However, I found out the hardway that some cats (like one of mine) like to eat plastic, so be sure to lay an inexpensive flat sheet over the shower curtain. Also, some cats don't like the sound/feel of plastic under their feet, even when the plastic is covered by a bed sheet; your cats may not even get on your bed.

Works for me and mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh