Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 07:18 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,896,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bong477 View Post
Moes > qdoba > Chipotle imo
Does that mean Moe's is your favorite or your least favorite.

I am defeated by the definitional dyad -- dichotomy? -- that is "> & <" every single time, no matter how many times someone explains them to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 07:53 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,660,570 times
He's saying in his book Moe's is better than Qdoba which is better than Chipotle. I don't really know. I happen to like Chipotle's simple menu and such but that's me. Plus I haven't been to Moe's and I haven't been to Qdoba in years and even then only once or twice so I don't remember. Habit keeps me going back to Chipotle every once in a while, but I don't go there that often now either.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
He's saying in his book Moe's is better than Qdoba which is better than Chipotle. I don't really know. I happen to like Chipotle's simple menu and such but that's me. Plus I haven't been to Moe's and I haven't been to Qdoba in years and even then only once or twice so I don't remember. Habit keeps me going back to Chipotle every once in a while, but I don't go there that often now either.
Chipotle used to be my favorite of the three, but Qdoba has become slightly more convenient, so it's where I go when I want a burrito. I suppose I should try Moe's again, but who knows?

Old 01-19-2013, 08:26 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,776,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Does that mean Moe's is your favorite or your least favorite.

I am defeated by the definitional dyad -- dichotomy? -- that is "> & <" every single time, no matter how many times someone explains them to me.
As a teacher once taught me, the > is an alligator's mouth and the open side (mouth) always wants the MOST or BEST or GREATEST food.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:30 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrowmint View Post
Wikipedia says it's a Georgia-based chain, has 400 or so locations. Never heard of it, so I guess I'm living in a bubble (and yet probably not missing much).
It's fairly comparable to Baja Fresh, Qdoba, Chipotle, and the like. IMO Chipotle is still head and shoulders above the others, which themselves would do in a pinch but not worth a special trip for.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:41 AM

1,776 posts, read 2,698,378 times
Moe's slots in right above Taco Bell in quality, and below Qdoba. Chipotle uses the highest quality ingredients and processes of all the fast casual mex.

Personally, I wish Baja Fresh was still around.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronPGH View Post
Moe's slots in right above Taco Bell in quality, and below Qdoba.
This ^

Quote:
Chipotle uses the highest quality ingredients and processes of all the fast casual mex.
When it first opened here, I liked Chipotle a lot, for the reasons you state here. I haven't been as impressed with my last few meals there.

Quote:
Personally, I wish Baja Fresh was still around.
I liked the food at Chipotle better than at Baja Fresh, plus Chipotle isn't the Chick Filet of fast food Mexican.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:59 AM

1,657 posts, read 2,690,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
The "<" is the alligator's mouth, and he wants the bigger bite (i.e. 9 > 7, 7 < 9).

EDIT: I see Mugatu beat me to it.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML North View Post
The "<" is the alligator's mouth, and he wants the bigger bite (i.e. 9 > 7, 7 < 9).

EDIT: I see Mugatu beat me to it.
People have tried to explain this to me, but I am just unable to see it. I don't get/see/perceive "emoticons" usually, either, unless they are actual pictures.

In the 9 > 7 example, if the mouth is pointing in the direction it wants to go to eat, then 7 is greater than 9, at least by my logic. It's some kind of fault in my brain's wiring, I believe.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:23 AM

1,326 posts, read 2,008,525 times
Think of the < like an incomplete version of Pacman's face. The open section of the triangle is what is doing the eating. The pointy part is the back of the jaw/mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: