Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 12:59 PM

2,401 posts, read 2,101,337 times

Advertisements

How about, walk out your front door? Seriously, go take a long walk. It's never too cold to take a walk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 01:39 PM

2,458 posts, read 4,203,240 times
Get a job in the excavating business. Matter of fact, I'll let you fill in for me tomorrow...

Old 01-21-2013, 01:46 PM

1,657 posts, read 2,689,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchdigger View Post
I'll let you fill in for me tomorrow...
'zat a pun?

Old 01-21-2013, 01:55 PM

2,458 posts, read 4,203,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ML North View Post
'zat a pun?
Yes, but it wasn't intentional.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:18 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
I'm visiting Florida.

Take a trip to a warmer clime.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:01 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliegt View Post
I'm looking forward to spending time crocheting during the winter months so I won't be much help. :-)
I'd love to try. I just can't figure out how to manage the yarn with dog hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Museums
Concerts
Go to a library and read some magazines you've never read before
Find out what clubs are meeting today, drop in and check 'em out. Try to find a toastmasters, those are usually entertaining.
Watch the inauguration and write a dozen letters to the President noting what's on your mind today.
Bake cookies
Put on old motown records and dance.
Go through old photos, and post a photo tour on city-data.
Do your taxes.
Clean out a closet and donate things you don't use anymore to Goodwill. Note: If you do this, be sure to take a photo of the items because the IRS is cracking down on this.
I'm totally down with the idea of Motown records and dancing! That taxes suggestion is downright cruel though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
This is the time of year when a trip to Phipps Conservatory does a world of good. It's warm and green and there are flowers, which makes you feel like you can make it through the grey for a couple of months.
Since I love to garden, that's a great idea!

Old 01-21-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneW View Post
Just put on a coat and go outside, it's not the antarctic, you won't die.
I just got back from spending 3 weeks in Vermont. How much more winter do you want me to experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tclifton View Post
This is the time of year that I spend planning all of my long distance motorcycle trips for the upcoming summer.
That's fun! I should get back to planning our west coast road trip we're taking in the spring after our Alaskan cruise. Thanks for reminding me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
Hell, take your laptop and go hang out at a coffee shop for a change of scenery. Some lend themselves to this better than others, so you may have to scope out a few different ones for best effect. Coffee Buddha in Perrysville always sounds like a good bet for hanging out, but I haven't been in there.
I might just do this. I need a chance of scenery. I've never done it before. I might like it.

Quote:
Drive or fly to somewhere warmer for a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
I'm visiting Florida.

Take a trip to a warmer clime.
My girlfriend in Florida is always begging me to visit. I probably should take her up on that.

Quote:
Or go do something that's made for the cold and snow: skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, etc.
If we get enough snow, I'll go sled riding at Hartwood Acres. Love to ski. I'll need to see if I can get hubby on board for skiing.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneWest View Post
I wouldn't be much help either...I tend to hibernate when it's cold outside. Today, I'm doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms. I did make some muffins tho, so the house smells gooood. I also went to the Burpee website and requested their catalog. It's that planning and wishing time of year.
I need to plan my garden. I guess I should get organized. I'm in a rut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapp View Post
agree... and Phipps is open until 10PM on Fridays (so you can go after work and its kind of fun/different to be there when it is dark out).
I've never been there when it's dark. Is it cold when the sun goes down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
How about, walk out your front door? Seriously, go take a long walk. It's never too cold to take a walk.
Been there, done that. It's not inspiring me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchdigger View Post
Get a job in the excavating business. Matter of fact, I'll let you fill in for me tomorrow...
I know I'd have serious fun doing that! If you ever have "bring a bored housewife to work day," give me a call.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:34 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,801,905 times
Heading on a girls only cruise on two weeks to the Bahamas to celebrate one of my friends 50th. After the cold of this week, the Bahamas sound great.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:08 PM

781 posts, read 1,619,202 times
I think taking a cooking or baking class could be fun, I know it might seem like torture to others!
The Food Lovers' Guide to Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Magazine - November 2011 - Pittsburgh, PA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh