Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2013, 07:08 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,254,431 times

Advertisements

Ross Township's Bruno Sammartino, formerly of Oakland and Abruzzo Italy, has agreed to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

The Living Legend was one of the greatest stars in professional wrestling history, but had problems with the McMahon family and had nothing to do with them for many years.

Glad to see that the hatchet has finally been buried and they've come to a common understanding and this great Pittsburgher is going to be honored on the eve of Wrestlemania.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 09:08 AM

6,334 posts, read 11,079,567 times
I think Domenic Denucci lives right down the street from a guy I know in nearby Freedom, PA. At least pro wrestling back in that day was still pretty good to watch. Now it is a farce and nothing more than theater.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:23 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
My husband got a little training by Denucci before Denucci had a school..... like right before he worked the matches....

Is there any good indie wrestling in Pittsburgh anymore?

Old 02-05-2013, 02:29 PM

2,458 posts, read 4,202,032 times
Quote:
The Living Legend was one of the greatest stars in professional wrestling history, but had problems with the McMahon family and had nothing to do with them for many years.
Listening to KDKA this morning, they interviewed Bruno on the morning news. The McMahon name was never mentioned, but what he said was that he had big problems with the drug use, the profanity, and the vulgarity that prevailed for many years.

He says he's seen a change for the better in those things, so now he's willing to be associated with it once again. Bruno left me with the impression that he has a lot of class. Something that I couldn't say I noticed the last time I had the misfortune of being in the same room where professional wrestling happened to be on the TV.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:17 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
Growing up my dad always talked about him - said they worked construction together and Bruno picked my dad up to go up another story or something (I forget the exact story and sadly dad is gone)

Old 02-10-2013, 04:10 PM

12,529 posts, read 17,536,827 times
I went to a Bucco game last year and when leaving found myself on the elevator with Bruno. I turned and said, Mr. Sammartino, I am one of your oldest fans.

He looked at me and said, Yeah, I know I'm an old man.

His hearing isn't what it used to be, but when I said it again, we had a good laugh.

He is a CLASS ACT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh