Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2007, 09:03 PM

511 posts, read 1,937,314 times

Advertisements

I have been "cited" twice since I've been on this website; most recently for "trolling" because of commenting how stupid someones comment was about the founders of this city, and once because I called someone an idiot. Just wondered if this is a site for adults especially those who are opinionated and aren't afraid to call things like they are. Or does this website originate from Mayberry?

Old 10-22-2007, 09:05 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,071,152 times
Quote:
Just wondered if this is a site for adults especially those who are opinionated and aren't afraid to call things like they are.
I enjoy most of your posts, vwscottie, but there is a difference between calling things like they are and being blatantly rude. Everything can be said tastefully! Trust me, I don't always follow that rule...

BTW, if this is a forum for adults, why are you name-calling?

Old 10-22-2007, 09:38 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
I am really surprised you got a negative rep or whatever for calling someone an idiot. People call others much worse names than that and get away with it on many different forums here. I am sometimes appalled.

I'm not sure of definitons of "trolling" and "flaming". There is a subjectivity to those terms. (BTW, I know the CD definitions of same, I don't need to have them defined for me.) The purpose of this forum is for discussion, so what is trolling or flaming to one person might be stimulating discussion to someone else.

Just my 2c worth.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:42 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,071,152 times
Quote:
I am really surprised you got a negative rep or whatever for calling someone an idiot. People call others much worse names than that and get away with it on many different forums here. I am sometimes appalled.
It is true. I wonder if the difference is simply, has it been brought to the mods attention?

Old 10-22-2007, 10:50 PM

14 posts, read 48,784 times
Wink Troll Dollies

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwscottie View Post
I have been "cited" twice since I've been on this website; most recently for "trolling" because of commenting how stupid someones comment was about the founders of this city, and once because I called someone an idiot. Just wondered if this is a site for adults especially those who are opinionated and aren't afraid to call things like they are. Or does this website originate from Mayberry?

Trolls aren't they lil dollies that have blue or green hair that is fuzzy and sticks up? that kinda looks like a troll dollie

Old 10-22-2007, 10:53 PM

14 posts, read 48,784 times
Cool Don't feel bad

I asked about Irish and Italian mafia existance in Pburgh and it was closed citing trolling.

Mind you organized crime is a part of our countries history...Fahgetdahboutit

Old 10-23-2007, 06:08 AM

511 posts, read 1,937,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
I am really surprised you got a negative rep or whatever for calling someone an idiot. People call others much worse names than that and get away with it on many different forums here.
Thats my whole point.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:23 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
Attacking ideas is ok, attacking other posters is not. When you signed in you agreed to respect the rules we have here and It would be great if you did that.
Also remember that mods are not robots, some posts simply fly under our radar.
This thread is closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: