Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 12:28 PM

12,529 posts, read 17,446,660 times

Advertisements

I'd take Murrysville over NH, but, as SSR likes to say, both are soulless. Yeah, so soulless that no one lives there. Must be some kind of attraction otherwise we would all live in the city.

NH had quite a bit of industrial plants back in the day. So it made sense to live there and be close to work. There are newer plans being built, pretty much cookie cutters like the row houses in the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 12:29 PM

22,273 posts, read 47,206,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zip95 View Post

False, this is why North Huntingdon has seen the bulk of Westmoreland county's development.
Unity Township is no slacker in that department. I bet they are close to neck-and-neck.

Back to the OP--- I prefer Murrysville over NH.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:19 PM

4,240 posts, read 4,886,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Unity Township is no slacker in that department. I bet they are close to neck-and-neck.

Back to the OP--- I prefer Murrysville over NH.
You can't forget Hempfield either. It had a nearly 3,000 person increase 2000-2010. Hell it's Pittsburgh's largest suburb now, beating out Penn Hills.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:28 PM

1,445 posts, read 1,963,077 times
I've never been in North Huntington but it's really hard for me to imagine a worse place to live than Murrysville. On the other hand, the people there do seem to like living there so it must have its attraction. I lived there for nine years and can't think of a single positive thing to say about that place.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneW View Post
I've never been in North Huntington but it's really hard for me to imagine a worse place to live than Murrysville. On the other hand, the people there do seem to like living there so it must have its attraction. I lived there for nine years and can't think of a single positive thing to say about that place.
So why didn't you move after the first year? Let me guess, wife?

Old 03-01-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
North Huntingdon has almost 31,000 people who nearly exclusively live in low-density single-family detached tract homes? Wow. We have a new Cranberry on our hands!
Pretty funny. What do you do for a living? Oh yeah, delivery boy, driving that emissions spewing car all over the City. If the city is so high density, can't they all walk to pick up their food?

Old 03-04-2013, 12:05 AM

1,104 posts, read 2,579,977 times
I would say North Huntingdon is slowly becoming another Cranberry, it is not there yet but it will be in the foreseeable future. Murrysville on the other hand is similar to what Wexford is like in the North Hills, or what McMurray is like in the South Hills. Franklin Regional is North Allegheny as Norwin is Seneca Valley.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:56 AM

32,606 posts, read 77,287,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Pretty funny. What do you do for a living? Oh yeah, delivery boy, driving that emissions spewing car all over the City. If the city is so high density, can't they all walk to pick up their food?
I have never come across a sub-forum where so many look down upon others for what they do for a living. Not all of us hailed from affluent backgrounds. The economy hasn't been kind to all of us. I invest an honest day's work for an honest day's pay and make a go of it just fine without external assistance, thank you very much.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:03 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,543,247 times
Quote:
I have never come across a sub-forum where so many look down upon others for what they do for a living.
Spoken by one who looks down upon others for their choice of where to live. The amount of vitriol you direct at the suburbs has been plenty evident so I'm not sure why you think it's okay to dish that out.

Not that I look down upon you or anyone for their job, because I don't. I don't find that to be appropriate. I believe the post in question was actually pointing out that even a delivery job in the city uses a car very heavily, much like what happens in your hated suburbs....

Old 03-04-2013, 08:18 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,828,709 times
Quote:
I have never come across a sub-forum where so many look down upon others for what they do for a living.
Maybe if a certain member of said sub-forum didn't look down upon others for where they choose to live, he wouldn't feel -- nay, be -- so singled out for criticism of his own life choices.

Signed,
Borough of Cranberry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh