Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 01:28 PM

35 posts, read 159,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_B. View Post
Hmm, was hoping it might be cheaper there

I have cable, no movie channels, but I get things like cooking and discovery, etc. I have high speed internet and I have digital phone which includes all LD and I pay $185 a month - specials hace been over for some time.

Sounds like it will be about the same there.
I have the same thing you have described and it runs about $120 per month. Comcast runs different deals in different areas of the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 06:29 AM

92 posts, read 92,409 times
thanks to those that replied,

the owner is sending the lease, I have decided to sign.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:46 AM

2,902 posts, read 10,066,997 times
Welcome aboard Ken.

Of course, after getting here and learning all about the neighborhoods etc, you could always decide to move.

Is your lease for a year?

Old 10-25-2007, 07:08 AM

511 posts, read 1,936,627 times
Quote:
Any idea what that commute would be? I have to be in the office by 9:30, would leaving the house at 9 seem reasonable?
Ha Ha, nope, wait till you see the daily line of cars waiting to get through the tunnels in to the city

Old 10-25-2007, 07:19 AM

104 posts, read 353,436 times
I'd have to disagree with vwscottie (sorry!). Usually by 9 the traffic has way died down. I go that way a lot in the mornings. I'd definitely play it safe the first few days, but I think half an hour should do it.

Of course there's always the random problems in the tunnels, but you can always find your way around (or over) those.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guylocke View Post
Welcome aboard Ken.

Of course, after getting here and learning all about the neighborhoods etc, you could always decide to move.

Is your lease for a year?
Thanks, yes 12 months, I may stay another 12 after or buy a house at that point.

the owner said it was 20 - 25 during rush when she lived there and worked downtown, 10 when it wasn't rush. As long as it's not normally more than 45 I'm happy.

I understand the bus is just down the street although Id rather not and assume it sits in the same traffic.

Now then, who knows all the secret parking spots downtown that don't show up on the net? :-D

Old 10-25-2007, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhprentiss View Post
I'd have to disagree with vwscottie (sorry!). Usually by 9 the traffic has way died down. I go that way a lot in the mornings. I'd definitely play it safe the first few days, but I think half an hour should do it.

Of course there's always the random problems in the tunnels, but you can always find your way around (or over) those.
I guess you commute by airplane or helicopter then. 9:45am is the earliest I have to be to work in the south hills, and I always leave an hour early, and there are lines coming into the city through both tunnels and the exits off of 376 are packed too.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Now then, who knows all the secret parking spots downtown that don't show up on the net? :-D
If you care even the least bit about your car, take public transportation. I would never ever park my car or let someone park it for me or move it so people can double or triple park in a garage.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwscottie View Post
If you care even the least bit about your car, take public transportation. I would never ever park my car or let someone park it for me or move it so people can double or triple park in a garage.
then I guess I'll just take my helicpter

Old 10-26-2007, 05:29 AM

Quote:
then I guess I'll just take my helicpter
Some people aren't as picky as me, but I am a car fanatic and will not drive my car around with scrapes on my bumper or damage to my car because I parked it in a mess like downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh