Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 09:20 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
What are you talking about? Slightly better? WAY BETTER! They are open on weekdays all the way to April 7th!
I misread the last part. Well, they're only 3-1/2 hours away. Hotel rooms are cheap in that area. I stopped in Jamestown just recently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 09:24 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I misread the last part. Well, they're only 3-1/2 hours away. Hotel rooms are cheap in that area. I stopped in Jamestown just recently.
I was wondering what you were reading. They are lucky up that way. Wow, all the way into April and they are leaving the door open for the future. Must be nice for the season pass holders up there.

From March 24 to April 7 we plan to operate weekdays from 9AM to 4:30 PM

Old 03-21-2013, 12:31 PM

The pond skim at Seven Springs in 2010 was April 2nd. Now it is pushed all the way up to March 23rd. Ouch!

Old 03-22-2013, 05:38 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,242,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
No problem. It has great slopes and trails, just the resort aspect of it is really, really lacking.
EDIT If you are an avid skier, you have to try Extrovert. It's easily the most difficult slope in the east excluding Vermont and Whiteface, NY. Incredibly steep, narrow, and bumpy, just the way I like it
We went to the Know last month and really enjoyed it. The lifts might be slow, but the lines were non-existent, It's certainly 'old school' but I had no complaints re: snowmaking - conditions were very good the day we were there. There's a surprising amount of houses there for rent, and the bar looked pretty cool indeed.

Some pics on my blog at:

Riding the Knob. The Blue one. | Pacific Northwest Ski blog (and a few other places!)

Old 03-22-2013, 08:34 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,242,702 times
Quote:
The pond skim at Seven Springs in 2010 was April 2nd. Now it is pushed all the way up to March 23rd. Ouch!
and the forecast is for some good snowfalls early in week. Will be a little criminal to stay closed.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortonator View Post
and the forecast is for some good snowfalls early in week. Will be a little criminal to stay closed.
I agree. We don't live in some snow belt. Skiers have to take the good times when we get them. I am amazed every season pass holder isn't complaining. Of course, I don't think they care. Skiing isn't important to that place anymore. The Duprees were all about skiing. The Nuttings are all about trying to squeeze what they can out of the place. It is a resort, not a ski resort. Skiing means about nothing to them obviously. No one would close with these rare conditions. I was there today. It was AMAZING and almost never seen in our region. They don't care about that. They are looking for today's dollar and not worried about long term PR.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:26 AM

Nothing like rubbing salt in the wounds. Look at what they wrote on their website.

The slopes and trails are awesome! We are open with full coverage and great conditions! If you missed your chance to ski or snowboard this season, don't miss THIS weekend with sunshine and "Snow like we haven't seen for years"!

"Snow like we haven't seen in years"! Has anyone looked at this week's weather forecast? What a shame they don't think about PR, nor do they think of what I used to think was the bread and butter at Seven Springs, the season pass holders that buy passes in advance hoping for snow and last year it was a bust, but we bought for this season and the Nuttings made it a bust due to their decision to shut the place down. Season pass holders really got screwed. I think Hidden Valley is open however and I do get a free ski their. I have never been. Might as well go there. I also get a free Blue Knob day pass. Hmm?

Old 03-23-2013, 09:23 AM

My son said he read something that said the "may" extend the hours "depending."

Here it is:

"If slope operations are able to continue beyond March 31, additional hours and rates will be released next week."

Lift Tickets | Ski Tickets | Snowboard Tickets - PA Pennsylvania Ski Resort | Four Season Resort | Seven Springs Mountain Resort - 7 Springs

Old 03-23-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
I think Hidden Valley is open however and I do get a free ski their. I have never been. Might as well go there.
Hidden Valley is closed Monday through Thursday as well.

BUT Hidden Valley is open until 9pm today. (Seven Springs is only open until 5pm.)

Snow Report | Hidden Valley Resort

Ticket Rates | Hidden Valley Resort

Old 03-23-2013, 09:32 AM

Curtis! Post on their Facebook page! It might inspire other people to share their feelings too!

Businesses pay more attention to complaints that are made publicly because it's PUBLIC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh