Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 03:53 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,655,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I've heard about Frankferd Farms for bulk food. My girlfriend and I have talked about going there.

Also check out Mish Farms in Gibsonia for natural meats. Mish Farms Meat Market Inc
Thanks! Might check that out now that I'm cooking more meat at home.

I keep finding Frankferd Farms then forgetting about it. Probably should check that out sometime. They are distributors for lots of natural food products so they have a ton of stuff up there.

Wait...why is this in the stink bug thread?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 04:58 PM

3,463 posts, read 4,645,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post

I keep finding Frankferd Farms then forgetting about it. Probably should check that out sometime. They are distributors for lots of natural food products so they have a ton of stuff up there.

Someone posted a link to a farm where they sell praying mantis eggs (pm's eat Stink Bugs) and then people started commenting on what's available at farms...

Old 05-04-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliegt View Post
Someone posted a link to a farm where they sell praying mantis eggs (pm's eat Stink Bugs) and then people started commenting on what's available at farms...
LOL true, that was in fact me.

Old 05-04-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
lol true, that was in fact me.
:d

Old 05-04-2013, 07:17 PM

1,273 posts, read 1,639,579 times
Quote:

Well...I bet there are. Stink bugs at all these places.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinsey86 View Post
Well...I bet there are. Stink bugs at all these places.
Yeah, unfortunately that's not just a small nuisance. These stink bugs chow down on crops especially tomatoes I've heard but others as well. I think they may be a problem for apples, which is one of Soergels' really big things.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
You're going to love Soergel's!

Let's think of some other things for you to do while in the area.

Do you like to go antiquing? There's the General Store in Wexford.

The General Store

Stop and pick up a sandwich at the Post Office Deli across the street.

Post Office Catering Group

Then head over to check out North Park via Route 910.

North Park
Don't know if I should thank you or curse you? I went to Wexford and bought my Praying Mantid eggs (I learned that it's "Mantids" not "Mantis"), then I went to The General Store where I bought a little table, an embroidered jacket from 1912, a terrine the same color as my dishes, a lamp, and an old set of silverware. The prices were reasonable and they gave me a discount for paying by check. Still Hopes, I would have gotten away with just the Praying Mantid eggs if you hadn't told me about this place! Thanks, I think.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:08 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliegt View Post
Don't know if I should thank you or curse you? I went to Wexford and bought my Praying Mantid eggs (I learned that it's "Mantids" not "Mantis"), then I went to The General Store where I bought a little table, an embroidered jacket from 1912, a terrine the same color as my dishes, a lamp, and an old set of silverware. The prices were reasonable and they gave me a discount for paying by check. Still Hopes, I would have gotten away with just the Praying Mantid eggs if you hadn't told me about this place! Thanks, I think.
I'm glad you had fun!

When I first started reading your post, I was afraid your mantids eggs hatched in your hot car because shopping took so long.

Everything seems reasonably priced compared to San Fran, not just our houses!

That was quite a shopping spree. I usually just window shop.

Don't got to Harmony! LOL

Old 05-05-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
I'm glad you had fun!

When I first started reading your post, I was afraid your mantids eggs hatched in your hot car because shopping took so long.

Everything seems reasonably priced compared to San Fran, not just our houses!

That was quite a shopping spree. I usually just window shop.

Don't got to Harmony! LOL
The prices were very reasonable especially compared to SF. I didn't spend all that much considering what I got. And the mantids didn't hatch. that would have been quite a ride home!

Old 09-26-2013, 02:51 PM

1,273 posts, read 1,639,579 times
Revisiting this since today seems to be the day the damn things are trying to get in for the year! Only saw the occasional one all summer but today has been crazy. They are all up under the eaves trying to get in. And since bats have managed to get in ( got somebody coming next week for that problem) I have no doubt we will be fighting them off. Anybody else getting invaded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh