Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 05:06 PM

8 posts, read 19,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPG View Post
Pittsburgh's homicide rate is very bad for a majority white city. You have to compare it to other majority white cities, not Youngstown or LA.
Uh, Youngstown and LA are majority white cities....

And, we should look at the rate as being bad period, regardless of the demographics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 04:27 PM
PPG

509 posts, read 1,423,506 times
Quote:
Uh, Youngstown and LA are majority white cities....
Uh, WRONG!
So you joined up just to post some wrong info? Maybe you should check CITY-DATA before posting.

Old 12-15-2007, 04:50 PM

919 posts, read 3,184,906 times
Pgh is actually a pretty safe city when compared to MANY others in America.

Old 12-15-2007, 05:32 PM
BVH

944 posts, read 605,905 times
I agree with Seaharbour. Since I have been home, I can actually WATCH the nightly news. In Dallas, it was: Murder, murder, rape-murder, murder-suicide, child molestation, murder, rape, etc, stc, etc EVERY day. It got so depressing and scary that I literally couldn't stand to watch the news anymore!

Anybody that thinks Pittsburgh has a high crime rate has obviously not LIVED in a bad city. That is not to say crime doesn't exist here, but the exaggerations of Pittsburgh's "high" crime rate are unfounded.

Old 12-15-2007, 05:55 PM

I have lived in some pretty bad cities too, some much smaller than Pgh, with 200 percent more crime BVH..makes you appreicate Pgh all that much more, hope your doing well..take care

Old 12-15-2007, 07:40 PM
PPG

509 posts, read 1,423,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaharbour View Post
Pgh is actually a pretty safe city when compared to MANY others in America.
Yet another empty statement. You guys are sickening. Whatever it takes to make you feel better about one place over the other I guess!?

Pittsburgh is what it is, no better, no worse.

Don't worry, that statement will be repeated 10,000 times by 10,000 new posters after this one.

Why is this so an emotional subject for so many?

It is an over-emotional statement because anybody could've easily have said that "Pgh is actually a pretty dangerous city when compared to MANY others in America.

I guess people like to psych themselves out when living or moving here. unno?

Old 12-15-2007, 08:41 PM

your entitled to speak your opinion here PPG, I will not fault you on that or even tell you to leave...its ok to think the way you do just as it is for me to think otherwise..to each their own...happy holidays and new year to you PPG...no hard feelings here.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:52 PM

511 posts, read 1,937,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
child molestation
I'll tell you...I've mentioned to my fiance a number of times, I am sickened by the number of crimes I have seen against children and babies in the year and a little over a month I have lived here.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:09 AM
BVH

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwscottie View Post
I'll tell you...I've mentioned to my fiance a number of times, I am sickened by the number of crimes I have seen against children and babies in the year and a little over a month I have lived here.
Yes, there was the case of that 10 month old baby that I saw that made me sick as well. Monsters can exist ANYWHERE.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:12 AM
BVH

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPG View Post
Yet another empty statement. You guys are sickening. Whatever it takes to make you feel better about one place over the other I guess!?

Pittsburgh is what it is, no better, no worse.

Don't worry, that statement will be repeated 10,000 times by 10,000 new posters after this one.

Why is this so an emotional subject for so many?

It is an over-emotional statement because anybody could've easily have said that "Pgh is actually a pretty dangerous city when compared to MANY others in America.

I guess people like to psych themselves out when living or moving here. unno?
Apparently, you are a pure pessimist. I haven't read anybody say that Pittsburgh is some crimeless Shangra-La! I am merely pointing out that there are far worse places to live. Quit trying to incite people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh