Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2007, 03:30 PM

14 posts, read 45,953 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me where Hazelwood begins (as it relates to Greenfield)? From what I have read on this board (and that my sister told me to be careful about Hazelwood), Hazelwood is an area to steer clear of. But if I am looking in Greenfield is there a way to tell where Greenfield ends and Hazelwood begins?

I saw a home for sale on Hazelwood Ave and it looks like a very nice street, but I don't know if this is actually in Greenfield like the real estate site says it is. Believe me, I grew up in Wilkinsburg and I see ads all the time touting how something is in Churchill or Churchill "area" and it is actually in Wilkinsburg (although the area in Wilkinsburg near Churchill is rather nice I am sure the advertisers don't want to scare anyone off by saying something is in Wilkinsburg...but anyhoo)...any insite on this is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2007, 07:43 PM

3 posts, read 7,953 times
Default Location

Hi. Most of Hazelwood Ave. is in Greenfield. It is a very nice street. Hazelwood is the area closer to the river. Generally speaking if you are up on the hill and closer to Murray ave. you are in Greenfield and in the Taylor Aldrice school district. Once you get out of the 15217 zip you may or may not be in Greenfield anymore (or the school district).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh