Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 06:51 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
I agree with that. Every time I go through security those people are doing nothing but talking with each other.
Yep. It's not like other countries where you have guys in military uniforms carrying machine guns walking back and forth, never taking their eyes off of the people waiting in line. The Dominion Republic was unsettling that way when we traveled there the winter immediately after 9/11.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 12:15 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,085,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
In this case I believe the intentions are much less devious (though more self serving) in that if something were to happen at a game the injured party(ies) won't waste anytime filing suit against the teams/stadium (ie the big pocketbooks) for not providing adequate security measures.

More our overly litigious society to blame then big brother in this case in my opinion.
You need to step back and take a look at the big picture. Of course every individual event can be explained away because it benefits other agendas, but that alone is not enough to disprove a larger criminal conspiracy at work here.

Those currently at the top of society, running things both in front of and behind the scenes got there because of their lust for power and complete lack empathy. They are doing all of the spying, violently crushing protests, and making innocent people feel guilty because they want to protect their positions at the top. It’s definitely not because they want to protect a couple of people from dying in a terror attack.

This should be completely obvious to everyone at this point; however, these same people own all of the mainstream media conglomerates and use top-down corporate intimidation tactics to suppress real journalism from taking place on their networks. Since most people still get their "news" from corporate TV, it has lead to a bunch of hypnotized sheep people walking around being told what to think, instead of actually thinking for themselves. These sheeple have been scared for years by terror spin on the hypno-tube where they actually think that it is worth giving up their 1st, 4th, 2nd, 8th, ect… amendment rights to be safe from something, when they are 158 times more likely to die from a lightning strike.

This is further exacerbated with the Dem/Repub side game that keeps people distracted, when it ultimately does not matter to these elites which one of their equally controlled parties wins an election.

As you can see, this whole “keeping you safe” mirage is another red-herring designed to publicly justify the elite’s #1 goal which is retaining complete control over everyone. Freedom hurts their bottom line and diminishes their power/control, therefore freedom is what they want to ultimately suppress.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:34 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,085,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeno View Post
The TSA is staffed by a bunch of police academy dropouts, ex night club bouncers who couldn't cut it and perverts. They don't belong in our airports, let alone anywhere else disrupting our public life. They are there to catch the big bad terrorists, and the TSA is so scary they must be deterring them because they haven't caught one yet...
Except that these “big bad terrorists” are essentially a joke, a mirage. Here is how it actually goes down:

1) the FBI combs the population for some unstable “foreign-looking” individual. (Usually, it’s some guy who is already pissed that a CIA-owned drone killed his family in his home country.)

2) Then they proceed to steer this usually clueless, incompetent individual towards committing an act of terror by providing him/them with the required funds/devices/motivations/targets and even plans needed to carry out such an act.

3) Right before the plan is carried out the FBI swoops in like the hero and busts up the operation and publically claims to have stopped a dangerous event from taking place.

Now can anyone see the problem here?

Source (many other examples exist): https://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/05/03-7

Old 06-18-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwave09 View Post
Except that these “big bad terrorists” are essentially a joke, a mirage. Here is how it actually goes down:

1) the FBI combs the population for some unstable “foreign-looking” individual. (Usually, it’s some guy who is already pissed that a CIA-owned drone killed his family in his home country.)

2) Then they proceed to steer this usually clueless, incompetent individual towards committing an act of terror by providing him/them with the required funds/devices/motivations/targets and even plans needed to carry out such an act.

3) Right before the plan is carried out the FBI swoops in like the hero and busts up the operation and publically claims to have stopped a dangerous event from taking place.

Now can anyone see the problem here?

Source (many other examples exist): https://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/05/03-7
You're officially off your rocker. I'm certainly not going to click on that link you posted.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:46 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghgirl17 View Post

Between my kids and my husband's brothers' kids, we have seven kids under the age of 8 with their own Pitt football tickets. I have questions into Pitt's Athletic department seeking further clarification as to families with small children.
I just got off the phone with Pitt.
They said their hands are tied as the policy comes down from the NFL through Heinz Field.
Using Heinz Field means that they have to play by NFL rules, without exception.

Soooo, let's see if that happens... or if they will be allowed to play by ACC rules (whatever those are!).

Old 06-18-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I just got off the phone with Pitt.
They said their hands are tied as the policy comes down from the NFL through Heinz Field.
Using Heinz Field means that they have to play by NFL rules, without exception.

Soooo, let's see if that happens... or if they will be allowed to play by ACC rules (whatever those are!).
It sounds to me like nothing will happen. Since they say it's out of their hands, it sounds unlikely they will try to play by CC rules.

What's wrong with their stadium? Did that get torn down? Why can't they build a new one of their own?

Old 06-18-2013, 12:53 PM

4,599 posts, read 6,719,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
You've officially fallen off your rocker. I'm certainly not going to click on that link you posted.
This is actually completely true. Here is just one of many cases this has happened and it is an NYT article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/op...anted=all&_r=0

A quick google search will net many many more cases from multiple resources just like that.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:01 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,882,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
This is actually completely true. Here is just one of many cases this has happened and it is an NYT article:

A quick google search will net many many more cases from multiple resources just like that.
I see no problem with such an operation - a normal person isn't going to go along with a plot to kill innocent people even if coaxed by an undercover agent.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:03 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,595,436 times
Quote:
This is actually completely true.
There's some ambiguity in sentence. Pronouns sometimes are unclear.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:

My problem is that you guys are nuts to be posting this stuff on the internet.

It's one thing to complain about TSA. What you're talking about is another thing entirely.

Do you think it's just urban legend that the FBI shows up at people's houses?

I'm not clicking on some crazy link Airwave posted that's probably being monitored by them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh