Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2007, 11:04 AM

5 posts, read 14,786 times

Advertisements

I am considering a move to PGH, i have read the threads and didnt run across anything about Italian /Sicilian American culture. I dont want to assume that just because you're on the east coast there is one please let me know. Ciao Amber
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 11:20 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,138,238 times
The area ranks in the top 10 of American cities with over 350,000 Italian Americans.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:27 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,963,947 times
Tons of Italians in the entire region. Pittsburgh's Little Italy is the Bloomfield neighborhood with many restaurants and specialty shops, but really, there are Italians in just about every area. Also lots of Greeks, Syrians, Lebanese.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:34 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,247,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00shoegal00 View Post
I am considering a move to PGH, i have read the threads and didnt run across anything about Italian /Sicilian American culture. I dont want to assume that just because you're on the east coast there is one please let me know. Ciao Amber
Someone will have to correct me (and don't worry, they will ), but if you're looking for a "Little Italy" type of area, or like North Beach in San Francisco, where the general feel of the place is Italian, I don't think you're going to find it in Pittsburgh.

There's tons of Italian clubs all over the place -- Sons of Italy, that sort of thing, but I don't know why there wasn't an Italian section of Pittsburgh.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:39 PM

457 posts, read 431,213 times
Are you kidding? Fugeddaboudit! TONS of Italians here. I lived in Bloomfield when I was going to Pitt. There are 2 Italian grocery stores, and tons of Italian restaurants. I'm not talking Olive Garden chain "Italian" joints either. :-)

You will feel right at home here Amber.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:38 PM

5 posts, read 14,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Someone will have to correct me (and don't worry, they will ), but if you're looking for a "Little Italy" type of area, or like North Beach in San Francisco, where the general feel of the place is Italian, I don't think you're going to find it in Pittsburgh.

There's tons of Italian clubs all over the place -- Sons of Italy, that sort of thing, but I don't know why there wasn't an Italian section of Pittsburgh.
That is exactly what Iam looking for I teach my kids that we are AMERICAN first and Sicilian second. we love going to the festa in San fran for Colombus day I appreciate all your different comments and look forward to our move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh