Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 08:01 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-tip motha View Post
Good lord. I love the people trying to justify leaving all of the garbage behind.

Some lady posted a pic of Woodstock (3 days, 400,000 people) and tried to compare it to the debris left after this concert (1 day, 60,000 people).

I can see where some of these people would think that leaving buckets filled with poop, walmart bags with puke in it, and god knows what else laying around constitutes perfectly normal behavior. Doesn't bode well for their quality of life or upbringing, but I understand where they get it from.

All I ask is that they take it with them and dispose of it as they normally would at home: on the lawn
What I always found interesting is these same people that trash places are the first ones to wave a US flag in front of you. Strange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 08:37 AM

1,174 posts, read 1,586,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
What I always found interesting is these same people that trash places are the first ones to wave a US flag in front of you. Strange.
or talk about family values.

or bring use God to justify any number of negative or malicious behaviors.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:47 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,881,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeLight View Post
well, pittsburgh is the town where people drag their couches into the streets and set them on fire if the steelers lose in the playoffs. and they set couches on fire and rip bus shelters out of the ground when the steelers win the superbowl.
But only suburbanites engage in such bad behavior not the sanctimonious urbanites; just ask this forum

Old 06-27-2013, 10:36 AM

25 posts, read 45,088 times
well, suburbanites are the worst. no argument there.

yeah, the couches get burnt in oakland. and they're burnt by college students. who aren't actually from pittsburgh. they are from 'burbs and small towns around western PA and ohio, though.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:21 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,544,696 times
At least in the 'burbs we use leather chairs to reserve parking spots in the Winter and burn high end couches at polo matches.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:06 PM

814 posts, read 1,150,307 times
I'm no stranger to the act of imbibing alcohol, but I can't even fathom what it must be like to feel the need to get so beyond loaded that you can't even control yourself/your bodily functions, all in the name of some musician whose songs you can't even name. When I think about the tens thousands of pathetic morons for whom that defines having fun, I find my irritation strangely subsiding, simply grateful that I am infinitely more capable than those poor souls of deriving entertainment without being having to be destructive, either to myself or to my environment. It sucks that these idiots trash our city once a year, but the concert likely isn't going anywhere as the economic benefit surely outweighs the negative outcomes in the eyes, so I grasp onto this thankfulness for not being one of them as a silver lining.

Though I would not complain if they confined this kind of pond scum-attracting crap to Starlake. I'm sure Alco and the SEA would survive.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:30 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
Am I the only one wondering how the nation's "smartest" city can attract Kenny Chesney but NOT Coldplay?

Old 06-27-2013, 02:00 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,095,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Am I the only one wondering how the nation's "smartest" city can attract Kenny Chesney but NOT Coldplay?
They probably got turned off by playing to a half-filled amphitheater in Burgettstown. Saw them their twice and both times tickets were still available day of.

We are getting Muse for the first time, which I'm really looking forward to.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:06 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,544,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that412 View Post
I'm no stranger to the act of imbibing alcohol, but I can't even fathom what it must be like to feel the need to get so beyond loaded that you can't even control yourself/your bodily functions, all in the name of some musician whose songs you can't even name. .

Agree with that. In my crazy 20's I never did anything like went on at that concert. As my late Mother would say: Some people just don't know how to act.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:27 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,630,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobick View Post
We are getting Muse for the first time, which I'm really looking forward to.
Saw them in Cleveland a few months back. Great show!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh