Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 02:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

Just an FYI to all who post on here, I will not respond to a personal attack.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:35 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,094,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Just an FYI to all who post on here, I will not respond to a personal attack.
Well, there goes my attempt to get the thread back on track.

Is it a personal attack to ask you, "How exactly does one become so sanctimonious?" Is it innate or learned?
Feel free to not reply should you feel it beneath you.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:41 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,242,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobick View Post
You're the only one since it's a City neighborhood, albeit not the one with the most urban character.

I agree it was unfortunate that touchy suburbanites derailed this thread.

In many ways, I think it is the physically small footprint of the City that helps contribute to this ranking. If the recent trends continue, and urban environments become less conducive to lower income living, some of the metrics may continue to improve. That, plus the institutional wealth that remains within the City and the dedicated funding stream for the library system by way of the new tax should leave Pittsburgh in good stead.
apologies - I've lived in the US long enough to know I should've typed neighborhoods - in Australia we call everything suburbs, and predictate some with the term 'inner city'.

That's enough pedantry - off to my (inner city) suburban (Shadyside) gym before it rains again.

BTW, are you allowed to live in a City neighborhood and like Kenny Chesney? There's local ordanences against such things in Sydney

Old 06-27-2013, 02:47 PM

1,273 posts, read 1,638,813 times
Quote:
Well, there goes my attempt to get the thread back on track..
Pot....kettle.

Scr's remark was his typical passive aggressive style...so by no means innocent. No man is an island and no city or suburb stands alone. But them rural country music folks could kill some critters, plant some veggies, fix the tractor, and put a new roof on...all before they get pissing drunk and throw up over their truck. But don't worry they will wake up in time to get those critters and veggies to the East End CO-OP.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:52 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,983,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
...and once again I'm going to reiterate that I believe the majority of those people were probably from the exburbs.
ftfy.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:10 PM

12,529 posts, read 17,536,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR View Post
Wow. I'm glad I'm rural and not in either side of this suburb/city fighting.

A fun read. Now, where did I put my popcorn?
Great, now we have urban, suburban, and rural.

Always liked rural sex.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:06 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
the problem here is that people are assuing "smartest city" is something particularly desirable...
Um, it is desirable as far as I am concerned. There are one heck of a lot of dumb people in our city and I would prefer they move way out somewhere, but that isn't going to happen due to the government always helping them along. I wish it was just supply and demand, not a ton of section 8 crap holding us down. Pittsburgh deserves better.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:08 PM
gg

Quote:
All SCR's (admittedly inelegant post) stated was that he felt the MAJORITY of the people at the show were from the suburbs.

I think he was probably using "suburb" imprecisely to represent all suburbs, exurbs, rural, etc; namely "not City residents", perhaps I'm wrong.

That 50.1% (or more) of the people at the show didn't live in the City strikes me a highly probable. As Copanut later alluded, I would expect most large events in the City to reflect this.
Um, "suburb" doesn't have the same meaning as "rural". I can't believe I even need to post that. I hardly think anyone from my suburb was at that sad state of affairs.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:11 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I'd hazard a guess to say that >50.0% of those in attendance at the Kenny Chesney concert were from outside the city limits. I don't see why that ruffled so many feathers. Only ~308,000 of the well over 2,000,000 people in the area live in the city proper. Proportionately it stands to reason that the majority of the country music fans in this region live outside the city.
It ruffled feathers, because you don't know how to communicate. Not saying you are dumb, just... well enough of that, but just say from outside the city, or better yet be correct and saying from more rural areas. Sorry, but I hardly think people from FC, Sewickley, and most of the North and South Hills were at that stupid show.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:16 PM
gg

Quote:
Reading comprehension is clearly not a strong suite...
Nor is it yours.

1. Someone from a suburb is not someone from a rural area. Do I need to say more. You seem to think they are the same thing. You are from the North Side. That being said, your crime on your street is the same as Northview Heights. Does that make it clear enough for you? I tried to show you something you can relate to, because it is clear you live in some odd bubble and have some strange jealously toward those of us who live outside the city limits. Enjoy your income tax, poor school system and TONS of crime. Good choice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh