Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 03:43 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times

Advertisements

Mineo's in Squirrel Hill to expand building and menu - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Article mentions rivalry with Aiello's Pizza but no mention of sexual harassment or nude pictures of women behind the counter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 05:41 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,892,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post

Article mentions rivalry with Aiello's Pizza but no mention of sexual harassment or nude pictures of women behind the counter.
The guy on the right is the one who refused to sell me the last cold bottle of San Pellegrino in the fridge one night about ten years ago. He was "saving it." I haven't been back since. And their pizza isn't the calling card they'd like you to think it is. It's oily stuff you have to tamp with paper napkins, usually two per slice.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:37 PM

6,601 posts, read 8,981,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
And their pizza isn't the calling card they'd like you to think it is. It's oily stuff you have to tamp with paper napkins, usually two per slice.
I really can't understand why it is so highly regarded. At least Primanti's has a gimmick, even if it doesn't taste that amazing. Mineo's is just regular old pizza. I mean it's not bad, but I wouldn't seek it out, either.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:32 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post

You're going to wake the disgruntled about the supposed pics and such.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:48 PM

1,174 posts, read 1,586,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
The guy on the right is the one who refused to sell me the last cold bottle of San Pellegrino in the fridge one night about ten years ago. He was "saving it." I haven't been back since. And their pizza isn't the calling card they'd like you to think it is. It's oily stuff you have to tamp with paper napkins, usually two per slice.
Melissa Manchester - Don't cry out loud - YouTube

Old 07-24-2013, 07:50 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,594,008 times
Another full service bar in Squirrel Hill. Hooray.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:00 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,243,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
Another full service bar in Squirrel Hill. Hooray.
I'll drink to that

Old 07-25-2013, 10:31 PM

781 posts, read 1,619,346 times
Pittsburgh simply has sub-par pizza. I moved to Chicago recently and I forgot (not chicago style) pizza could be.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:42 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,243,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideblinded View Post
Pittsburgh simply has sub-par pizza. I moved to Chicago recently and I forgot (not chicago style) pizza could be.
I kinda disagree on the sub-par front, although my pizza experience is not hugely wide in Pittsburgh yet. I've been impressed so far by Squirrel Hill and some downtown establishments. It might be that I tend to like classic Italian pizza, with thin crusts, restrained cheese and 'toppings'. I can imagine Chicago has good (not Chicago style - not my style) pizzas - great food in general, I'm sure. Seattle and Portland did too, but so far what I've had here pizza-wise is on par with these west coast counterparts.

may be heading to Piccolo Forno tonight - another pizza data point hopefully.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:45 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
I've found Pittsburgh's pizza offerings to be on the mediocre side---not excellent yet not horrid. In Squirrel Hill I prefer Pizza Bellino the best for taste and Italian Village Pizza the best for value. Never had Aiello's or Napoli's. I'm not a huge fan of having to dab the grease off of the top of a Mineo's pizza. I could take or leave Lucci's. Also never had Pizza Amier.

It actually amazes me that for as large, diverse, and wealthy as Squirrel Hill is its business district is nearly entirely comprised of pizzerias or Asian restaurants in terms of eateries with a few outliers thrown in for good measure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh