Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 12:48 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Getting their nipple rings twisted and tugged by a bunch of bros, maybe.
Yeah. I squeal the same way when bros do the same thing to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 04:11 PM

911 posts, read 2,598,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
a stabbing at Levelz is about as shocking as hearing the sun came up in the morning.

The place wasn't even shut down for business the following afternoon which is sad to say for public safety.
or a shooting in homewood.

i was in pittsburgh 2 weeks ago for vacation and every single day on the news someone was shot there

Old 07-31-2013, 06:34 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,822 times
You really need to revive the chat thread Again I'm here to spoil your fun, but if you had this bro and nipple twisting and whatnot discussion there, no mod would spoil your fun. Think about it
Here, please discuss the topic.
Yac.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:39 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
You really need to revive the chat thread Again I'm here to spoil your fun, but if you had this bro and nipple twisting and whatnot discussion there, no mod would spoil your fun. Think about it
Here, please discuss the topic.
Yac.
Sorry for my part in the derail! Just wanted to make a few people laugh.

Anyhow, back on-topic.

Do you all foresee Carson Street being threatened if and when Station Square becomes more "yuppified" and scatters many of its nightlife issues elsewhere?

Old 07-31-2013, 07:50 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,879,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Anyhow, back on-topic.

Do you all foresee Carson Street being threatened if and when Station Square becomes more "yuppified" and scatters many of its nightlife issues elsewhere?
I don't see station square changing much from what it currently is anytime soon. The biggest threat I see is that as the police push bad elements out of the southside & the establishments they frequent close what area will they invade next.
The city had not shown much ability to be proactive on stopping such things only reactive after there is a problem.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:43 PM

Good riddance
Allegheny County district attorney's office gets emergency order to shut South Side bar Levelz - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Old 08-02-2013, 12:53 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Good riddance...
Great! Are there any other bars that a crap like that one down there? Seems that is the worst of the bunch, but those people are going to go somewhere. Hopefully not in the South Side. It would be nice if that area could be like it was 10 years ago. It really was a lot of fun and just the normal little stuff. Not the shootings and stabbings that seems to be going on all the time.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:14 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,222,470 times
Here are the court papers;

http://ae3b703522cf9ac6c40a-32964bea...-of-levelz.pdf

Old 08-02-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Great! Are there any other bars that a crap like that one down there?
Jimmy D's would be next on my list (or strangely margaritaville - it was always a dirty dive bar, but has recently turned more into a dirty dive bar with really sketchy patrons).

Levelz was definitely the biggest culprit for bringing in trash to the area 2nd only to the now closed down 'district 9' so I count it as progress.

I'm definitely in agreement with you, any nightlife area is going to naturally have some unique problems & I fully expect a few random bar fights or urinations as that's the nature if these things; people going out that have no qualms pulling out knives or guns is an entirely different matter & needs be dealt with harshly both reactively & proactively.

The fact that this stabbing there was a surprise to no one says a lot about the place.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:43 PM

75 posts, read 175,127 times
When would people realize Alcohol is the problem in these places? I stopped going to the south side after some moron was running up and down the street with his pants around his ankles. Cops every where but no one stopped this guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh