Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 07:23 PM

511 posts, read 1,937,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-here-i-say View Post
Yeah, for the most part, Mt. Lebanon is pretty safe. The police blotter looks like homes on/behind Beverly Road, Uptown Mt Lebanon, and Castle Shannon seem to have the most issues.
I would imagine Dormont is a different story too. It doesn't look ghetto bad there, but it is definitely more blue collar and easy going than Mt Lebo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 07:29 PM

104 posts, read 353,576 times
Okay, I live in Mt Lebanon. What's MRSA?

I've heard from people who live here that the police in Mt Lebanon only hire huge guys, and they're all SWAT trained. I can't imagine why they need that, but they say there aren't all that many of them, and they need that kind of training! For this safe little town I haven't figured out why...

Old 11-12-2007, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhprentiss View Post
Come on, are you serious?

MRSA is a staph infection that has been popping up throughout the country. It is a rare strain that cannot be treated by the usual antibiotic, and there have been numerous cases with students at Mt Lebo high school.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:33 AM

27 posts, read 143,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhprentiss View Post

I've heard from people who live here that the police in Mt Lebanon only hire huge guys, and they're all SWAT trained. I can't imagine why they need that, but they say there aren't all that many of them, and they need that kind of training! For this safe little town I haven't figured out why...
All I know is that within the Scott Twp, Upper St. Clair, Bethel Park area, whenever a major crime happens, if the Allegheny County PD don't handle it, then Mt. Lebanon PD are the ones who run investigations. And like I said before, they are extremely tough on people who aren't from Mt Lebanon who commit crimes there (IE as many charges as possible), and are very active in keeping their drug problem to a minimum. About 3 years ago heroin seemed to be turning into a real big deal in Mt. Lebo with all the rich kids using their parents money. It's definitely died down recently, not sure if that has to do with stuff not getting to the press or actual elimination of the problem, but either way MLPD are notoriously tough all around, especially on non residents.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:23 AM

919 posts, read 3,184,906 times
oh goodness...this scares me...Bradford woods is looking much more appealing than ever before now! Or even Wexford, North Alleg..is a blue ribbon school i keep heaing.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:29 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaharbour View Post
oh goodness...this scares me...Bradford woods is looking much more appealing than ever before now! Or even Wexford, North Alleg..is a blue ribbon school i keep heaing.
The one thing I know about North Allegheny is 30 years old.... when I was a senior at Seneca Valley High, we had a kid from North Al move in, and his education was SO good at North Al, that he basically repeated his junior year from NA for his senior year at Seneca and became our class valedictorian.

And as a credit to his parents, he was a great guy and well liked.

Old 11-13-2007, 06:22 PM

Thank you Talleymom!

Old 11-13-2007, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaharbour View Post
Actually, there is nothing to be scared of, the exact opposite for sure. Just watch yourself in traffic, because they enforce traffic laws to the "nth" degree.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:18 AM

(((thanks!))))))

Old 11-16-2007, 01:20 PM

269 posts, read 1,010,644 times
It is kind of scary to see some of these responses. I hope nobody makes decisions from these (1 person being validictorian, MRSA cases on a football team).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh