Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 12:37 AM

2,369 posts, read 2,912,901 times

Advertisements

im loving it

I think I found a bar I like that feels like an old bar in no.va in bakery square. they just recently opened called social.

ive been using n/s. negley and baum as my starting point of touring the area and getting lost on purpose. I just finished moving/unpacking and I must say im liking this place.

thanks to all you who gave me places to visit. once I know where the hell they are, I will. I just need to retrain myself to parallel park in my venza lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 12:43 AM

480 posts, read 611,845 times
enjoy!

Old 08-04-2013, 12:56 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Welcome! Group hug time! Pittsburgh keeps sucking everyone up and out of NoVA---me, you, hinsey86, BrianTH, friends of mine, maybe Caladium soon?!

Old 08-04-2013, 01:04 AM

875 posts, read 1,489,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Welcome! Group hug time! Pittsburgh keeps sucking everyone up and out of NoVA---me, you, hinsey86, BrianTH, friends of mine, maybe Caladium soon?!
Has anyone figured out what happened to BrianTH? Did he just go on hiatus or something? I just find it a shame because I never got to meet up with him I'm real life or anything, and he and I seemed to share a lot of similar interests when it came to transportation and other future planning things here in Pittsburgh...

Old 08-04-2013, 01:08 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala26 View Post
Has anyone figured out what happened to BrianTH? Did he just go on hiatus or something? I just find it a shame because I never got to meet up with him I'm real life or anything, and he and I seemed to share a lot of similar interests when it came to transportation and other future planning things here in Pittsburgh...
BrianTH still comments regularly on Post-Gazette articles. I agree his contributions here are missed, especially since his zeal for the city is what initially attracted me to research it as a relocation destination.

With that being said this thread is for BarqCider. Welcome to YinzTropolis!

Old 08-04-2013, 01:12 AM

875 posts, read 1,489,980 times
Quote:
BrianTH still comments regularly on Post-Gazette articles. I agree his contributions here are missed, especially since his zeal for the city is what initially attracted me to research it as a relocation destination.

With that being said this thread is for BarqCider. Welcome to YinzTropolis!
"Zeal" is DEFINITELY a good word to describe Brian and his posts! Well said, and yeah I think he is sorely missed around these parts...

On topic now: Really glad to hear you're settling in comfortably BarqCider! :-)

Old 08-04-2013, 03:00 AM

1,273 posts, read 1,639,778 times
Quote:
I am from Southern Virginia and have several states between there and PA. Moved here from Seattle.

OP....Glad you are having a a time. Exploring a new area is always fun to me.

Old 08-04-2013, 04:18 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times
Quote:
Thanks for the wishful thoughts, but we're headed south, not north. Retired in January and as much as I loved life in northern VA, we did the cliche thing and bought a house near a beach.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:24 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,803,885 times
Glad you are here and enjoying it. We are a year ahead of you and so far the first year has been great. Not one complaint here at all.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:47 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,243,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
Glad you are here and enjoying it. We are a year ahead of you and so far the first year has been great. Not one complaint here at all.
6 months in town here and echo the above sentiments completely. Excellent city. Except for the taxi system maybe - we need Uber. Soon hopefully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh