Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 04:33 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,233,898 times

Advertisements

ok - after all the recent pics, I'm joining the 'shut this thread down' movement!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 05:48 PM

1,010 posts, read 1,389,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
I'm not trying to offend anyone, but why are there so few attractive women in southwestern PA? It's always seemed to me that, around here, if a woman isn't obese and isn't particularly offensive to the eyes, then she's considered to be "hot". I guess there's even a term for it: "Pittsburgh hot".

There just has always seemed to me to be a disproportionate amount of rather "rough around the edges" chicks in this area. Don't get me wrong, I don't think every woman in Pittsburgh is a pig. I've seen a few 8's here and there. By and large however, there just aren't as many hot women here as there are in other cities I've been to, and I've always wondered why that is. Genetics? Something environmental? Abundance of tobacco use and/or drug & alcohol consumption (God knows there's plenty of both in this area)?

I don't think there is a lack of attractive women to choose from. In my opinion as long as the woman is not skin and bones or morbidly obese she has potential. Most women that fall in between these categories look good to me with a little bit of makeup and properly fitting clothes. I always liked the midwestern girls (Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Iowa and Wisconsin) best. Their attitudes seemed to be very different than most of the locals from Pittsburgh. The midwest girls wanted to go out, date and have $ex, while the typical pittsburgh girl would rather drink like a fish, smoke newport 100's, swear like a trucker and talk about the steelers.

To me the most important and hardest thing to find in a woman is a good attitude. I know for a fact it is hard to find that anywhere, not just in pittsburgh. There are a lot of attractive local women that were totally yinzer in personality and attitude. The fact these women would rather go to the bar and talk about the steelers would immediately turn me off. There is the "yinzer" attitude with a lot of local women, but there are exceptions. You need to go somewhere else other than a bar or a club to find a girlfriend. If you are in college Duquesne University, in my opinion, is the best place to look. Those girls are friendly and wholesome. If you are an adult go to a cultural event, cooking / painting class or the gym.

I married one of the local girls that were the exception. It will take time to weed through, but there are good locals that exist and they are lonely and $exually frustrated for the same reasons.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:09 PM

1,901 posts, read 4,357,562 times
Besides the obvious (Strip, Oakland, & South Side/South Shore), here are the best spots to find good looking women in their 20's-30's IMO:
1) Downtown- anywhere & everywhere
2) [especially between 7:00pm-1:00am on weekends] Walnut Street, Shadyside
3) [especially between 7:00pm-1:00am on weekends] Forbes-Murray Avenue, Squrriel Hill
4) Pittsburgh International Airport- little known fact
5) [on Sunday mornings] the City's big churches

Old 08-26-2013, 07:42 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,208,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown kid View Post
Besides the obvious (Strip, Oakland, & South Side/South Shore), here are the best spots to find good looking women in their 20's-30's IMO:
1) Downtown- anywhere & everywhere
2) [especially between 7:00pm-1:00am on weekends] Walnut Street, Shadyside
3) [especially between 7:00pm-1:00am on weekends] Forbes-Murray Avenue, Squrriel Hill
4) Pittsburgh International Airport- little known fact
5) [on Sunday mornings] the City's big churches

The common thread in your observation is that well dressed women are appealing, and these are all places where dames dress up to go, or where well-heeled women who can afford good clothes and haircuts live.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:57 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,670,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman63 View Post
In my opinion as long as the woman is not skin and bones or morbidly obese she has potential.
This made me laugh. I know you didn't mean it to be funny. You felt you were being kind. I don't think you realize how insulting that mindset is for prospective partners. You shouldn't chose someone based on potential appearance People want to be accepted and loved for who they are. Nobody wants to be nagged about dressing better, their hair being a certain way, etc. That goes for men and women.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:10 PM

1,901 posts, read 4,357,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
The common thread in your observation is that well dressed women are appealing, and these are all places where dames dress up to go, or where well-heeled women who can afford good clothes and haircuts live.
True... Never thought of it like that

Quote:
"Bloomfield..."
Bloomfield is a good #6 lol

Old 08-26-2013, 09:20 PM

1,237 posts, read 1,941,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
What other cities have you been to? Hope you don't say Miami and/or Los Angeles.
Born and raised here in Pittsburgh. Lived in San Diego, NOVA, Tampa Bay area. Traveled pretty much everywhere in the continental US.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:27 PM

419 posts, read 548,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
This made me laugh. I know you didn't mean it to be funny. You felt you were being kind. I don't think you realize how insulting that mindset is for prospective partners. You shouldn't chose someone based on potential appearance People want to be accepted and loved for who they are. Nobody wants to be nagged about dressing better, their hair being a certain way, etc. That goes for men and women.
I don't think so... I take care of myself by being physically active and in shape. I expect the same from a prospective partner. Dating and attraction is very nuanced. Oftentimes it can be ugly and mean. We can't help what we like. Friendship is a different story. You can be a fat, sloppy, cigarette smoking, toothless, drunk, obnoxious yinzer female and I would have no problem hanging out with you. Don't expect me to sleep with you though like so many have!

Old 08-26-2013, 09:28 PM

1,237 posts, read 1,941,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I find the lack of shallowness here to be refreshing. Everyone thought they were too good for me romantically back in NoVA. When I moved to Pittsburgh I had two guys fighting over me.
I bet that felt refreshingly awesome, didn't it?

Old 08-26-2013, 09:34 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,949,126 times
I have a bunch of 'em locked in my basement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh