Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 04:22 PM

697 posts, read 778,153 times

Advertisements

If you have been or know anyone who has been drugged via drink (roofie/rohypnol) by a newer resident of the Waterfront apts can you please message me?

I know this is likely a needle in a haystack but will ask anyway because I'm trying to help a friend who was recently the victim of a crime. It's hard to prove because the drug usually leaves your system before you even realize you were drugged and you have little or no memory.

This is NOT to say this has occurred more than once at the Waterfront; this is the only case I'm aware of. That said, ladies, please don't leave your drinks unattended -or let someone bring you a drink- whether at a bar or even a small gathering when you don't know everyone very well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 06:14 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,881,857 times
Not to be a d*ck, but does she have any actual proof of it - I find lots of people get totally annihilated on alcohol then say they must have been roofied. If as many people were roofied as claim, there has to be millions of men roaming the country drugging women's drinks nightly.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:09 PM

This woman, 40, rarely drinks more than a glass of wine. She had one drink, remembers feeling warm and lightheaded; there is additional info to support a drugging claim that I'm not going to share because it is an open case. Reason for my quest is that I doubt this is isolated and perhaps someone else had a similar thing happen. This is a violent predator.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:14 PM

20 posts, read 20,257 times
I work at the Waterfront and am a regular at the Starbucks across from the theater, near Bar Louie. I talk with the staff there, and had there been a story of a man dropping roofies, I probably would have heard about it. No rumors yet.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:37 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,258,906 times
It seems doubtful to me that Rohypnol would be used at this late date, due to its strictly illegal status- people would have to cook them up in their kitchen, and it probably isn't that easy.

It would seem a lot easier just to slip someone a mickey finn, or some other product in the benzodiazepine family for a similar effect.

Old 09-01-2013, 02:21 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Not to be a d*ck, but does she have any actual proof of it - I find lots of people get totally annihilated on alcohol then say they must have been roofied. If as many people were roofied as claim, there has to be millions of men roaming the country drugging women's drinks nightly.
Most of this stuff is probably some money scam. To go out and sue some establishment saying, hey you didn't protect me from someone slipping something in my drink or whatever.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Most of this stuff is probably some money scam. To go out and sue some establishment saying, hey you didn't protect me from someone slipping something in my drink or whatever.
It was at a private residence. In this case, only interest is justice and ensuring it doesn't happen to someone else.

Regarding exact drug, Yes, perhaps it was something that provides a similar blackout effect.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:46 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy7773 View Post
It was at a private residence.
Sorry, I must have missed that part. That is a totally different story. I will have to read a bit more carefully I guess.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:31 PM

51 posts, read 74,183 times
It is most likely not Rohypnol but a type of benzodiazepine.. Pittsburgh is far away from the Mexico border and that drugs is not prescribed in the US.. Flunitrazepam was "temporarily controlled in Schedule IV pursuant to a treaty obligation under the 1971 Convention on Psychotropic Substances. At the time flunitrazepam was placed temporarily in Schedule IV . . . there was no evidence of abuse or trafficking of the drug in the United States. There are places that has been authorized to use it in a clinical research setting.. My guess they are using Tamazepam and that stuff is used for people with severe sleep disorders. I used to take it and it came with a warning do not smoke when taking this medication and they are completely right..

Old 09-02-2013, 09:59 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Men should watch their drinks too. This happened to my father back in the 60s. A coworker spiked his drink at a company function. My father immediately knew because he felt way too drunk for only having one drink. He had someone take him directly to the ER. The blood work results came back positive. If he hadn't had proof that someone did that to him, he could have lost his job for being socially incompetent. This was in the early years of his very successful lifelong career with the same company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh