Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 04:03 PM

814 posts, read 1,150,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
Did you spring for the whole strip then? I don't think I could have stomached fronting that, even if it did get me into the World Series eventually. Eh, although, I guess like two seats in upper grandstand wouldn't have been that bad. But there are scenarios if it gets to that where I'd need more seats. I'll be happy enough if I can get into one postseason game that actually happens, or if not, then I'll be happy enough that the game is happening.
I definitely had help with the postseason strips, I had several friends and family buying in, no way I could have fronted the whole amount on my own, either. Plus my seafs are only in the lower grandstand which is still relatively cheap ($11 a seat for the regular season at the ST price, $20/$40/$100 breakdown for the playoffs).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 09:04 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,657,658 times
So after futzing around a bit in the ticketing I ended up with two seats for a theoretical second divisional home game. Think positive right? (But not TOO positive, because there are scenarios where they could sweep but not have a second home game. )

Old 09-18-2013, 09:14 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
I was at every playoff game back in 90, 91, 92. They broke my heart 3 times!

Maybe if I stay home this year we'll make the World Series.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:43 AM

248 posts, read 326,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
So after futzing around a bit in the ticketing I ended up with two seats for a theoretical second divisional home game. Think positive right? (But not TOO positive, because there are scenarios where they could sweep but not have a second home game. )
Yeah I dawdled too long in game 1 and before I knew it all the seats were gone. I got 4 for game 2 and 3 for game 3. In the process I figured out how to buy multiple games without checking out which will come in handy next year if I make it through the lottery again. Wish I'd figured it out before yesterday!

It's not unlikely that I'll lose the fees for my wildcard and game 3 tickets but if those games do occur they'll be pretty hoppin affairs.

My brother tried to get tickets from D.C. and didn't have any luck. Wonder if there's some location-based rules built into the system

Old 09-18-2013, 09:54 AM

We'll probably have NLCS ticketing in a couple weeks. The WS ticketing probably doesn't happen until we're down to 4 possible teams.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
I was at every playoff game back in 90, 91, 92. They broke my heart 3 times!

Maybe if I stay home this year we'll make the World Series.
Hey, they won the game I went to in 92 at least. (I believe I was at the Game 5, before they left to go back to Atlanta for 2 more.) I didn't move here until Nov of 91 so I missed 91 season.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:04 PM

912 posts, read 1,732,958 times
I got two tickets to the wildcard and two for NLDS Game 2. Passed on standing room tickets for Game 3 because there are so many things that have to happen for that game to actually take place at PNC. Really wanted NLDS Game 1, but I couldn't get those.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:12 PM

1,714 posts, read 2,359,201 times
I got one obstructed view seat for game 2, and two for the not-likely-to-even-be-played game 3.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:08 PM

6 posts, read 4,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoh View Post
Did anyone else try to get tickets today in the pre-sale? The whole process was pretty confusing but I managed to get 4 tickets to the potential wildcard game. The email made it seem like I could also buy tickets at the same time for divisional series games but I didn't see how that would be possible. Once I chose my seats for the wildcard I had to check out and once I checked out I could no longer buy any tickets for anything.

Just curious if anyone else managed to get tickets for more than one game. They go on sale publicly tomorrow morning so I guess I'll try then.

Also it appears that I'll lose the $6 per ticket "convenience" fee if the Pirates aren't actually in the wildcard game.
I can't believe how disrespectful that is toward fans. If the game doesn't actually happen you still have to pay $6 for your tickets. So for a capacity of ~38,000 seats they pocket $228,000 for doing absolutely nothing. And that's assuming the convenience fee is the same for all seats which is probably incorrect.
The text that I highlighted in red is incorrect. The ticket price and per ticket convenience fee are refunded if the game doesn't take place.

The only thing that you lose if the game doesn't happen is the $2.75 per transaction processing fee.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:05 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoh View Post
Yep I signed up for the pre-sale "lottery" and got a code to get in. It's possible that everyone won though.
Everyone did not win. Wife and I both registered, neither of us were selected.

Did end up with 2 standing room tix for the play-in and 2 upper level for 2nd NLDS. Better than nothing. And only out $100 instead of $600+.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh