Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 10:31 AM

248 posts, read 326,225 times

Advertisements

Did anyone else try to get tickets today in the pre-sale? The whole process was pretty confusing but I managed to get 4 tickets to the potential wildcard game. The email made it seem like I could also buy tickets at the same time for divisional series games but I didn't see how that would be possible. Once I chose my seats for the wildcard I had to check out and once I checked out I could no longer buy any tickets for anything.

Just curious if anyone else managed to get tickets for more than one game. They go on sale publicly tomorrow morning so I guess I'll try then.

Also it appears that I'll lose the $6 per ticket "convenience" fee if the Pirates aren't actually in the wildcard game. I can't believe how disrespectful that is toward fans. If the game doesn't actually happen you still have to pay $6 for your tickets. So for a capacity of ~38,000 seats they pocket $228,000 for doing absolutely nothing. And that's assuming the convenience fee is the same for all seats which is probably incorrect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 10:41 AM

632 posts, read 1,070,604 times
Welcome to the world of having a postseason baseball team...its strange, I know.

Haha, in all seriousness, yeah its ka-blewy. I put a hold on a 2 pack for the wildcard game for the fiance and I as well.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:45 AM

On a positive note I was pleasantly surprised that upper grandstand seats were only $20. Not bad at all for what would be a great game to attend.

Did you attempt to get divisional series tickets as well?

Old 09-17-2013, 11:16 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,645,588 times
Did you "win" the right to the presale as I just noticed on the Pirates web site the other day? (I got my name in but only soon enough for NLCS/WS.)

The general public sale for wild card and divisional is tomorrow. Is there any left? Seems like not. Pricing is not bad in the early rounds (it's same for wild card and divisional) but wow it goes up a ton for the later ones.

I like being optimistic and going for divisional. That means either a) they won the division or b) at least they won the wild card game. If you buy the wild card tix and they win the division you won't be going anywhere.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:54 AM

Yep I signed up for the pre-sale "lottery" and got a code to get in. It's possible that everyone won though.

I was planning on getting tickets to the wildcard and 1 or 2 of the divisional games but somehow messed up the ordering process and was locked out after I bought the wildcard tix. I'm still not sure how I would have bought both given the system they use.

I'll try for some divisional ones tomorrow.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:02 PM

225 posts, read 323,685 times
My wife called me because she was so mad about the process. She was only able to get tickets to the NLDS, but not the wildcard game. There wasn't much left, so I doubt there will be much to go on sale to the general public.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:29 PM

22,565 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoh View Post

Also it appears that I'll lose the $6 per ticket "convenience" fee if the Pirates aren't actually in the wildcard game. I can't believe how disrespectful that is toward fans. If the game doesn't actually happen you still have to pay $6 for your tickets.
That is not as unusual as you'd think!
The same thing happens plenty in the concert world.

I still cringe when remembering an Aretha Franklin concert ages ago.
DH and I went and bought 10 great seats, knowing we knew enough people to go with us.
She up and cancelled. Star Lake refunded the ticket price, but pocketed to 'convenience fee' of $11 per ticket.

So we were out $110 for a concert that did not happen.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:20 PM

I just realized that the pre-sale goes on all day today, did anyone get a code for today that they're not planning on using? I'd like to try for some divisional tickets.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:36 PM

814 posts, read 1,149,650 times
So glad I invested in a rest-of-season ST plan in July just so I wouldn't have to deal with this. Good luck to the rest of yinz. Morbidly curious to see what these start going for on Stubhub once the dust settles.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:17 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,645,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that412 View Post
So glad I invested in a rest-of-season ST plan in July just so I wouldn't have to deal with this. Good luck to the rest of yinz. Morbidly curious to see what these start going for on Stubhub once the dust settles.
Did you spring for the whole strip then? I don't think I could have stomached fronting that, even if it did get me into the World Series eventually. Eh, although, I guess like two seats in upper grandstand wouldn't have been that bad. But there are scenarios if it gets to that where I'd need more seats. I'll be happy enough if I can get into one postseason game that actually happens, or if not, then I'll be happy enough that the game is happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh