Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 08:27 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,986,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Friendly's just didn't work out in Pittsburgh. They had a store on Cochrane Rd near Bower Hill a few years back but I guess there just wasn't enough business.
Turns out the name was too ironic for Mt. Lebanon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 08:33 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Islay's

Old 11-25-2013, 08:50 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,652,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIRefugee View Post
I'm just thinking it's a long way to go to get some ice cream!
It is! What I was saying is that if you are traveling to get Friendly's and citing quality, then that implies there is not even anything rising to that low bar in town. Which is far from true. So it has to be the familiarity.

One might not want to patronize the Handel's franchise in McCandless though. The owner just got arrested on suspicion of child molesting.

Right now I tend to hit up The Meadows Frozen Custard in Cranberry. They make 2 flavors a day, plus chocolate and vanilla (and two frozen yogurts), should be made no more than several hours before unless you buy the leftover pints and quarts. Even though they don't have any inside seating they are open all year. (For any super familiar with the spot it's in the former Cranberry Creamery.)

Old 11-25-2013, 08:56 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,912,149 times
since I got here, I began thinking of wanting to bring back my dads old restaurant that his old partner essentially stole from him. its a Peruvian/bolivian place, but its mostly latinos who go there so I don't know how successful such a latin, non Mexican food joint could be here in Pittsburgh.

place kinda seems like it could do well, very well or close in 6 months. all depending where.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:52 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,348,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Speaking of Ohio, I hate that we have to drive all the way to Poland (near Youngstown) whenever we want some ice cream at Friendly's.
I would have to put Big Boy ahead of Friendly's, best shakes ever. Eat N Park has shakes that taste eerily similar to McDonalds

Old 11-25-2013, 10:17 PM

1,237 posts, read 1,948,765 times
I would like to see In n' Out burgers come here, but that's not happening. Anyone ever hear of Del Taco? Maybe they could come here. Couldn't be a terrible thing. Hate to see such a small variety of eateries around here. I wish there were more. Now we don't have too many. Eating out leave you with few options here compared to other cites. New choices would be welcome. Just would be great to see an influx of more of a wide variety of places to eat out around here. I could see a market for it for sure. Maybe I'm just being too optimistic.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:07 AM

706 posts, read 1,048,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
I would like to see In n' Out burgers come here, but that's not happening. Anyone ever hear of Del Taco? Maybe they could come here. Couldn't be a terrible thing. Hate to see such a small variety of eateries around here. I wish there were more. Now we don't have too many. Eating out leave you with few options here compared to other cites. New choices would be welcome. Just would be great to see an influx of more of a wide variety of places to eat out around here. I could see a market for it for sure. Maybe I'm just being too optimistic.
Yet another cheap shot from you. Sure, you are entitled to your opinion. Keep making that excuse for being so miserable.

Old 11-26-2013, 02:26 AM

2,369 posts, read 2,912,149 times
oh.. I want hooters back.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:27 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,881,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
since I got here, I began thinking of wanting to bring back my dads old restaurant that his old partner essentially stole from him. its a Peruvian/bolivian place, but its mostly latinos who go there so I don't know how successful such a latin, non Mexican food joint could be here in Pittsburgh.

place kinda seems like it could do well, very well or close in 6 months. all depending where.
Has to be a good location if course, but the Peruvian places already here seem to do well enough

Old 11-26-2013, 06:56 AM

1,334 posts, read 1,806,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post

Try these places, which are either Peruvian or Peruvian-ish. There was another place in Squirrel Hill, Aji Picante, that was replaced by a "modern Jewish cuisine" restaurant more because the owners wanted to try something Squirrel Hill-y and not because the Peruvian restaurant was doing poorly. I haven't been to the first three places listed below, so it's possible they might not be open anymore

La Feria
Chicken Latino
AJ's Inca Peruvian Restaurant
Seviche
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh