Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 06:45 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,817,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
LMAO! First we have the "GE" (General Electric vs. Giant Eagle) debacle, and now I read this thread title and first thought "Bull s*it 2.0" instead of "Bakery Square 2.0"!
who wouldnt be excited about the latest version of google bull**** pushing out the gangbangers (presumably not people who have sex in large groups)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 09:00 AM

144 posts, read 224,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
This is really all of the East End, anymore. Gentrification is pushing the working-class out of East Liberty, Lawrenceville, Polish Hill, and increasingly Bloomfield (yes, I consider the latter three to be "East End").
Especially Larimer, I think some of the further out East End neighborhoods (Homewood, Lincoln-Lemingon, Lincoln Place ) have the potential to pick up some of the displaced residents. I say Larimer because it seems a lot of it is abandoned, thus, a lot of new mixed income housing could be built there so former East Liberty residents don't have to go too far away from their former neighborhood.

I'm really hoping for a win-win situation where the new Google employees will bring a lot of money to the area, which will pump up the demand for businesses in East Liberty. That will bring more opportunities to the working class citizens currently living in East Liberty, which will make it wise for them to stay nearby, so they can get to work.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:40 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,053,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanm3685 View Post
....I'm really hoping for a win-win situation where the new Google employees will bring a lot of money to the area, which will pump up the demand....bring more opportunities to the working class citizens currently living in East Liberty, which will make it wise for them to stay nearby, so they can get to work.
that great in theory, and what i hope for, too.

BarqCider - where do you live in DC? i miss it tremendously (lived in NOVA, which i dont miss at all). DC was fun, and actually had some nice people there. i guess because they werent in their car most of the time.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:30 AM

1,776 posts, read 2,697,532 times
Where is zman to poop on this parade in some way?

Old 11-27-2013, 11:38 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,243,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronPGH View Post
Where is zman to poop on this parade in some way?
He's madly searching the Internet for reports of how a guard dog has lost its job in Pittsburgh and is moving to Columbus ...

Old 11-27-2013, 12:48 PM

1,776 posts, read 2,697,532 times
Well you know, this is only the 3rd or fourth largest Google office in the US so obviously we are just peanuts. Shows how little a tech player Pittsburgh is!

(I can write more of these)

Old 11-27-2013, 01:53 PM

706 posts, read 1,048,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronPGH View Post
Well you know, this is only the 3rd or fourth largest Google office in the US so obviously we are just peanuts. Shows how little a tech player Pittsburgh is!

(I can write more of these)
I saw that report by Andy Sheehan on KDKA last night. He interviewed Audrey Russo of the Pittsburgh Technology Council. She said it is high time the rest of the nation and world to pay attention, because top talent is here to not only study but to stay. Google will expand into a new yet to be constructed building in Bakery Square 2.0, as mentioned. It will be connected to their current building in the old Nabisco Planet via a walkway that crosses Penn Avenue. I saw a quick rendering from Walnut Capital. The building looks to be about five stories. It did not catch much detail. Trying to find something online other than aerial renderings for the project.

By the way, this project is not a bunch of BS as the thread title implies. Have you been influenced by the rhetoric of z man?

Old 11-28-2013, 09:31 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Whiz View Post
I saw that report by Andy Sheehan on KDKA last night. He interviewed Audrey Russo of the Pittsburgh Technology Council. She said it is high time the rest of the nation and world to pay attention, because top talent is here to not only study but to stay. Google will expand into a new yet to be constructed building in Bakery Square 2.0, as mentioned. It will be connected to their current building in the old Nabisco Planet via a walkway that crosses Penn Avenue. I saw a quick rendering from Walnut Capital. The building looks to be about five stories. It did not catch much detail. Trying to find something online other than aerial renderings for the project.

By the way, this project is not a bunch of BS as the thread title implies. Have you been influenced by the rhetoric of z man?
This is really great news. I am looking forward to that cool crosswalk. It will make the place look a bit more modern. Hope the expansion continues. Maybe they found what they were looking for in Pittsburgh. CMU certainly doesn't hurt our area.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:36 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,891,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Whiz View Post
Google will expand into a new yet to be constructed building in Bakery Square 2.0, as mentioned. It will be connected to their current building in the old Nabisco Planet via a walkway that crosses Penn Avenue.
Question for anyone who has lived in the Towers at Pitt: does anyone ever use the walkway that crosses Forbes Avenue, connecting the Towers with David Lawrence Hall? I don't think I've ever seen anyone using it.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:00 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Question for anyone who has lived in the Towers at Pitt: does anyone ever use the walkway that crosses Forbes Avenue, connecting the Towers with David Lawrence Hall? I don't think I've ever seen anyone using it.
What an odd question to ask on this thread. Does it have anything to do with a company wanting to connect their two locations? I think that connection will be used a lot. People don't want to cross Penn around Bakery Square. Penn is horrible!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh