Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 10:08 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,913,376 times

Advertisements

well, i guess in a way i did miss being here in the city on my own. it got to the point where i'd look at the time and see it's 10:40pm and im saying to myself "quick! order some food before they close!" when i was out with friends. that was until my friends reminded me the kitchen at most restaurants/bars close at 1am. basically everything i do in this city is the opposite of what id do there now.

I think this city has done some good for me since i even had folks come up to me and say they are shocked to have seen me lose so much weight. I thank that i cant really eat after 11pm for that(yes yes, i know, eat n park,ihop,etc but thats not the point).

ive managed to change some of my old habits while here and i think i'll change more of them over time and hopefully being crappy at parallel parking in tight spots is one of them lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 06:08 AM

3,110 posts, read 2,918,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
well, i guess in a way i did miss being here in the city on my own. it got to the point where i'd look at the time and see it's 10:40pm and im saying to myself "quick! order some food before they close!" when i was out with friends. that was until my friends reminded me the kitchen at most restaurants/bars close at 1am. basically everything i do in this city is the opposite of what id do there now.

I think this city has done some good for me since i even had folks come up to me and say they are shocked to have seen me lose so much weight. I thank that i cant really eat after 11pm for that(yes yes, i know, eat n park,ihop,etc but thats not the point).

ive managed to change some of my old habits while here and i think i'll change more of them over time and hopefully being crappy at parallel parking in tight spots is one of them lol
Congrats! This is going to really cause a stir with the CD crowd that believes that Pittsburgh is full of near-death sedentary people and you will die if you breathe the air. You came to Pittsburgh and became healthier....

Old 12-03-2013, 06:09 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,056,374 times
i do miss that chinese place - i think it was on 14th street in DC....hot, fresh food whenever you wanted it, up to 2am, if not later....damn.

glad you are finding good things in your stay here in pittsburgh. you are in college, arent you?

welcome back from the holiday!

Old 12-03-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
i do miss that chinese place - i think it was on 14th street in DC....hot, fresh food whenever you wanted it, up to 2am, if not later....damn.

glad you are finding good things in your stay here in pittsburgh. you are in college, arent you?

welcome back from the holiday!
Yep at pitt. I think all the walking I've been doing on campus has helped me. When I first got here, walking to ohara st took my. Breath outta me. Now not really. I've managed to go from a 4x t shirt to almost fitting in a 2x comfortably lol.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:37 PM

1,758 posts, read 3,835,532 times
My sister and brother are Pitt grads. My brother said you could tell the Pitt freshmen because they were the only people with flabby calves. LOL

Old 12-05-2013, 12:55 PM

9,340 posts, read 13,010,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SorryIMovedBack View Post
My sister and brother are Pitt grads. My brother said you could tell the Pitt freshmen because they were the only people with flabby calves. LOL
That's funny. I'd think the nursing/engineering/science/health students would have the strongest legs. Us liberal arts students only very seldom had to trudge uphill (90% of my classes were in the Cathedral/Posvar/Lawrence. Lucky for me, I have naturally muscular legs . I think calf size is mostly genetic anyway.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:57 PM

3,110 posts, read 2,918,581 times
Sadly I know of a girl that transfered from Pitt because she didn't like walking up all the hills.

Old 12-05-2013, 02:05 PM

I rather do hills than stories of stairs. now stairs are my nemesis. lol

Old 12-05-2013, 02:21 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,549,480 times
We are a country of wussies.

Old 12-05-2013, 05:34 PM

honestly im thankful for how the campus of pitt is. if I had gone to gmu, I wouldn't get the workout of walking since most of it is like CMUs campus, minus their IT building. centrally located for all buildings and not getting a walk/workout lol. Heck, id walk more down to LV if they had sidewalks and didn't fear folks going to hit me walking there. though that hill can be mean
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh