Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 10:34 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,652,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
$40 if you're George Takei
Oh my!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 04:43 PM

1,237 posts, read 1,948,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Why is it sad? They're getting paid to go on a cruise. I'd be willing to bet if you had any reason to get paid what they will get paid that you'd do it too. What is sad is somebody putting it down just because they don't like football or the Steelers.
Ugh. You really don't get it do you? It's sad....because they have to be paid to do something that's mutually enjoyable with their fans. Enjoying a Caribbean cruise is a lot different than hour after hour of hand-cramping autograph signing.

Seriously (and this especially goes for the "current" players on the cruise, who make WAYYY more dough than the old players), if you're gonna tout your team's "connection" with your fan base, you shouldn't be charging for your mere company on a cruise. Talk about whoring themselves.

Old 12-13-2013, 04:52 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
So sports figures should just hang out with fans? Pretty sure they have better things to do than to just hang out with fans, even if it is on a cruise ship.

And I'd be willing to bet you would take the money if you were in their position, also. Business is business and money talks.

Old 12-13-2013, 04:56 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,738,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
If I played for the Steelers, the last place I'd wanna find myself would be on a boat in international waters with a bunch of yinzers. Especially if there was alcohol on board.
Yinzers don't have passports, so I doubt they're taking a cruise.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
So sports figures should just hang out with fans? Pretty sure they have better things to do than to just hang out with fans, even if it is on a cruise ship.
I dunno, it just seems phony to me. I mean, I could see them cruising for free considering they're the highlight of the cruise itself. But to be paid for it? The whole thing just seems kind of cheap and phony to me, that's all. Especially since the Steelers organization portrays itself as being intertwined with the community.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Yinzers don't have passports, so I doubt they're taking a cruise.
You don't need a passport for a Caribbean cruise. I went to Haiti, San Juan, and St. Marteen / St. Thomas without one.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:05 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,692,798 times
Quote:
You don't need a passport for a Caribbean cruise. I went to Haiti, San Juan, and St. Marteen / St. Thomas without one.
As long as you depart and return to the same US port. Also, if you need to fly back to the States for any reason, you'll wish you had brought your passport.

Old 12-13-2013, 10:19 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
I dunno, it just seems phony to me. I mean, I could see them cruising for free considering they're the highlight of the cruise itself. But to be paid for it? The whole thing just seems kind of cheap and phony to me, that's all. Especially since the Steelers organization portrays itself as being intertwined with the community.
The Steelers are a company the same as any other. They're not paying any player unless they're under contract. Same as any other business.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:03 AM

1,349 posts, read 3,573,359 times
For anyone still interested: new code SWEETHEART now gives 50% off until 2/14. The interior rooms are all sold out, they have a few oceanview and balcony ones remaining. The code will make Oceanview $650/person based on double occupancy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh