Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 01:09 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times

Advertisements

Don't you drive a VW Beetle?(got a pm from a poster that you do). With all the preaching you're doing, you're not helping by not buying/driving American. While American automakers don't use all American parts, driving a German auto doesn't help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 09:07 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,239,392 times
Sheetz opened a new store in my area. NC. Is there food any good? As a newbie to Sheetz please recommend their food specialties or should I just buy my gas there?

Old 04-14-2014, 09:29 AM

912 posts, read 1,732,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecomet View Post
Sheetz opened a new store in my area. NC. Is there food any good? As a newbie to Sheetz please recommend their food specialties or should I just buy my gas there?
The food is good, not great. It's not some place I go to all the time, but if I'm in a hurry I'll stop in a get something. I like it better than most fast food places, and there is more variety in the menu. I usually get a premium chicken sandwich, but I've enjoyed all of their subs and sandwiches.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:59 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,919,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYO View Post
The food is good, not great. It's not some place I go to all the time, but if I'm in a hurry I'll stop in a get something. I like it better than most fast food places, and there is more variety in the menu. I usually get a premium chicken sandwich, but I've enjoyed all of their subs and sandwiches.
Agree with this. Its good, but their subs aren't as good as getgo's or wawa

Old 04-14-2014, 12:26 PM

5 posts, read 3,744 times
Didn't read whole thread... Seems like a lot of drama.

Just wanted to add that I grew up in Altoona and have connections to the Sheetz family. Obviously it is still a business and corporation in America so there is always going to be some socioeconomic baggage associated with that. That said, they are generous people and are very well respected in an area that has struggled economically. It's a great first job for a lot of kids growing up there. Not sure if they still do but they used to help out with tuition. I also have family and friends in corporate that speak very highly of the atmosphere, that do not have similar kind words for other corporate environments they've worked in. It started in the 50's as a one-store family business and they try very hard to keep that spirit. Ownership is second generation and still very much Steve's baby. An aspiring entrepreneur could do a lot worse than to emulate those guys.

And anyone who thinks Wawa can beat the MTO menu must be from Philly/NJ!

Old 04-14-2014, 03:31 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,413,683 times
I really like Sheetz's food. Been going there for years. I usually get something if I stop there for gas and I am hungry. You can customize to your liking (they do the same with specialty coffee drinks) via a computer touchscreen menu. A receipt prints out your order and order number and then you pay for it and pick it up when your order is called.

I like it better than McDonalds, Wendys, etc. There are burgers, subs, sandwiches, salads, breakfast items, hot dogs, nachos, onion rings, fries, mexican stuff, wings, pizza, etc. Check out their full listing here: https://www.sheetz.com/subpages/menu.jsp

You can usually get unlimited toppings, but have to pay for cheese and extra meat. Their hot dogs are cheap: 2 for $.99 and can load up whatever you want on them. I like getting one of their pretzel bread melt sandwiches.

Old 04-14-2014, 03:34 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,463,211 times
Working at a gas station is a 100 best company? Good Job America!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh