Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2016, 11:11 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,528,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITairport View Post
No official announcement yet, but Frontier's website is now showing flights bookable from PIT starting in June!
And you were just ahead of the announcement. You wouldn't happen to know the Powerball numbers?

Frontier Airlines puts down stakes at Pittsburgh International Airport | TribLIVE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 05:31 PM

4,555 posts, read 3,370,961 times
I miss my red eye non stop from San Diego to PGH. That plane was always packed and only like 4:30 in trip time.

Old 01-12-2016, 05:47 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,587,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
I miss my red eye non stop from San Diego to PGH. That plane was always packed and only like 4:30 in trip time.
Ha! When I lived in Boston I took that flight many, many times, as a connection to Logan. Never thought I would live here someday, and was really disappointed when I got here and somehow could not find that flight any more.

Old 01-13-2016, 01:24 PM

41 posts, read 34,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I never heard anyone complain about higher fares when PIT was a great hub. NEVER! It was great and anyone that travelled loved the fact we could fly nonstop all over the country. I would change back to that all day long even if the flights were a tiny bit higher, but I certainly don't remember them being high at all, I remember them being cheap and frequent. Ahhh, the good old days. Lets no pretend to compete with the days of USAir being here. They were better and always will be better times period.

Anyway, a few more airlines entering our market sure is good. At least we can get a couple more nonstops to somewhere. Better than nothing.

I have heard they are going to start drilling for gas on the land. Seems some of the money will go towards some improvements, but last time I was there I saw no improvements. The airport looks tired. I wish they would look towards the future and make it cheap for airlines to enter our market. We have an advantage, why not use it?
Don't know when you last used the airport, but they are just finishing major renovations to both landside and airside. The result is truly excellent. The improvements to airside can't be missed and have created a great experience.

I think it was J.D. Powers that recently named PIT the #1 medium mkt airport in the country (or something very close to #1).

Old 01-14-2016, 08:18 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,783,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr56 View Post
Don't know when you last used the airport, but they are just finishing major renovations to both landside and airside. The result is truly excellent. The improvements to airside can't be missed and have created a great experience.

I think it was J.D. Powers that recently named PIT the #1 medium mkt airport in the country (or something very close to #1).
I was there about a month ago. It was a ghost town and looking tired. I did have to transfer threw Atlanta, and my final destination was in a super modern airport in Florida that is my favorite, but very tiny, so maybe that did help my impression of PIT this time around.

Old 01-17-2016, 01:55 AM

6 posts, read 5,284 times
I'm a training commercial pilot myself, so I can kinda say I'm an expert in this industry...here's my two cents...

Pittsburgh will NEVER get a flight to Dubai it is stupid of Fitz to think its even possible.

Do I think he is just using taxpayer money to take a free trip? No, thats borderline conspiracy to come up with that.

I think he is so out of touch with the pathetic failure that PIT is that he is now in an aviation-induced coma.

Here's a better idea, Fitz:

Southwest Airlines MDW (Chicago) hub is WAY overcrowded and they barely have ANY room to put more flights, most of which are connecting.

I think I know of an airport which would be a PERFECT city for Southwest to establish a secondary hub, a smaller hub of sorts, in which they can start putting connecting flights instead of just one ways....

Hmm...

Old 01-17-2016, 05:32 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,203,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAflac9916 View Post

Here's a better idea, Fitz:

Southwest Airlines MDW (Chicago) hub is WAY overcrowded and they barely have ANY room to put more flights, most of which are connecting.

I think I know of an airport which would be a PERFECT city for Southwest to establish a secondary hub, a smaller hub of sorts, in which they can start putting connecting flights instead of just one ways....

Hmm...

The real problem with this idea is the Southwest wouldn't want to do it.

Why would they? Chicago may be crowded, but its convenient to its many travelers, plenty of non-stop trips all over the place. Moving all of those operations to Greater Pitt would inconvenience a lot of LUV's current customers.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:12 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,842,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAflac9916 View Post
I'm a training commercial pilot myself, so I can kinda say I'm an expert in this industry...here's my two cents...

Pittsburgh will NEVER get a flight to Dubai it is stupid of Fitz to think its even possible.

Do I think he is just using taxpayer money to take a free trip? No, thats borderline conspiracy to come up with that.

I think he is so out of touch with the pathetic failure that PIT is that he is now in an aviation-induced coma.
A Dubai passenger route no (at least so long as the stupid cabotage rules exist), but Emirates SkyCargo service would be desirable as they are a top player in air shipping which would work for Pittsburgh and is well worth exploring.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:54 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,878,274 times
Has anyone heard any word about progress on direct flights to Germany?
(Allegheny County airport delegation off to South Africa, aiming for flight from Pittsburgh to Germany | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)

Old 01-17-2016, 09:01 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,783,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
That would be great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh