Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 03:19 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,912,149 times

Advertisements

this thread reminds of of that stallone movie with Wesley snipes. stallone is a cop from the 20th century and snipes a criminal from that time, both are awakened in the future where police don't have guns and you get a ticket for cussing

(oh and taco bell won the restaurant wars)

guess of the movie.

my point is, what options do you want to stop someone? dude was probably on some drug. do you let him do as he pleases? let all cops use squirt guns filled with water? or is that too violent given the weather? I think sometimes folks in this forum think of their law enforcement as corrupt as the LAPD. I think somehow in the back of their minds, you are prepared and expecting a Rodney king type of situation within the city just so some of you can go "SEE? what did I tell yinz?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 03:31 PM

4,599 posts, read 6,717,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
I think somehow in the back of their minds, you are prepared and expecting a Rodney king type of situation within the city just so some of you can go "SEE? what did I tell yinz?"
Jordan Miles made national news sooooo.....

Old 02-20-2014, 03:31 PM

45,373 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Cutting to the chase. and it's already been said:

If the cops hadn't tazed him they would have shot him. Several times.

Then the title of this thread would have been Out of control Police murder man. Why didn't they use a taser?

Old 02-20-2014, 03:32 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
^^^^^^^^^Yep.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:44 PM

22,587 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Cutting to the chase. and it's already been said:

If the cops hadn't tazed him they would have shot him. Several times.

Then the title of this thread would have been Out of control Police murder man. Why didn't they use a taser?
You know it!

Old 02-20-2014, 03:57 PM

582 posts, read 779,066 times
Tasering someone is a humane method of subduing someone. Trying to subdue someone by physically grabbing and holding them down can and does result in injuries and death. In fact if someone is resisting injuries are almost assured. Mace does not subdue a person, they are still very capable of kicking and striking out.

Story like this spread across the country in the blink of an eye. It's almost like people look for any action that could possible be questioned and then spread it by telling the story in the worst possible negative way. Mean while to 100,000 actions that are positive are ignored. Out news media does a good job of condensing all the negative in the country into a 30 minute broadcast.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:02 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,542,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
I hate to be the party pooper here but I guess I have to
Please stick to the topic and don't treat this thread as another chat thread and remember you can actually agree to disagree
Yac.
Ah, who cares what you think?

Uh oh, see yinz guys next month.

Old 02-21-2014, 04:49 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Ah, who cares what you think?

Uh oh, see yinz guys next month.
:P

Still, I have to stress that I really don't want to have to step in and hand out infractions, but I will if some of you won't calm down.
Please. Calm. Down.
Yac.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:49 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,720,997 times
Hundreds have been killed by "non-lethal" tasers. Recently I heard of a man whose 58y/o disabled father dropped a cigarette. The police said $1,000 fine + community service. His son said we don't have $1,000 & he may have dropped it accidentally as his father has nerve damage in his hand. So a bunch of the cops held the son just the perfect way so 1 cop could tase his genitals many, many times. Have to wonder if they were trying to make him unable to create a baby.

Cops can usually kill unarmed people & if they say they imagined (hallucinated?) a gun, Internal Affairs will almost certainly say no penalty & they can still get promotions & raises. Now, are all of you feeling perfectly safe & giving your approval to cops that kill unarmed people.

The problem is the militarization of the cops. They prefer new cops with killing experience, so they hire new people just out of the military. They tell them they're still in a war, & that anyone not wearing their uniform may be about to kill them, so shoot them first. The drug war, the elimination of the cannabis plant that helps over 200 medical conditions, without ever killing a person, seems their top priority. Cannibis oil cures cancer, which kills a third of the public, including police. Police have suicide rate about 50% over general public. Doctors knew in 1800s cannabis is the best treatment.

Of course, try to tell police how to save their lives & they'll threaten you with harassment. Obviously they need cannabis for anger management, as Big Pharma doesn't have anything that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Naked Man Tased, Arrested In Downtown Pittsburgh « CBS Pittsburgh

I mean, goodness this guy is NOT going to hurt anyone. I think these cops should get a few weeks off to get a grip! It is stupid to be so aggressive. So the guy took his clothes off. It isn't like he robbed a bank or killed someone. Tazed? The police in our area are really WAY over the top! It isn't as bad as them not policing around the Original Hot Dog in Oakland after they started not hiring an off duty officer, which resulted in someone being killed, but it is really stupid. Just let the guy go and run out of steam, not create some big deal out of nothing!

Old 02-21-2014, 06:44 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealrm View Post
Tasering someone is a humane method of subduing someone.
1. Why did he need subdued?
2. With over 500 deaths and that number climbs each year, how can you call that "humane"?

Luckily this guy didn't die from this excessive use of force. I am not saying some bank robber or someone with a knife shouldn't be subdued, but a streaker? Really? It is a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh