Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 11:16 AM

50 posts, read 66,280 times

Advertisements

A&E sets up in Pittsburgh for dark series starring Chloe Sevigny - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

" [...] A television set is a busy, buzzing place, but a location set has its own noisy challenges. Once the run-through concluded, the dozens of people jumped back into their work concerns.
Among them: several men who carefully positioned a City of Pittsburgh police car in an area to be staged as the crime scene. What crime, exactly, won't be clear until "Those Who Kill" begins its run Monday on A&E network.
Ms. Sevigny is the star, playing detective Catherine Jensen, a woman solving mysteries for the city police department. Catherine has her own demons to overcome, but that's another story.
Before anyone sent Ms. Sevigny scrambling up the side of the parking garage, it was the stand-in's job to get there first.
Between numerous takes, executive producer and director David Petrarca checked monitors, then conferred with sound and lighting guys before yelling, "All right, let's fight some crime ... and action!"
"Those Who Kill" is based on a Danish series inspired by the writings of Elsebeth Egholm. The four-month shoot here ended just before Christmas, and for executive producer Glen Morgan, the fact he and Ms. Sevigny ended up here was itself somewhat of a mystery. [...]"

Last edited by macharoni; 03-03-2014 at 12:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 12:37 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,986,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macharoni View Post
A&E sets up in Pittsburgh for dark series starring Chloe Sevigny - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

" Ms. Sevigny is the star, playing detective Catherine Jensen, a woman solving mysteries for the city police department. Catherine has her own demons to overcome, but that's another story.
Like starring in "Brown Bunny"?

Old 03-03-2014, 12:54 PM

1,349 posts, read 3,573,708 times
Unfortuantely, the couple of advance reviews I read were not very favorable. Too bad.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:29 PM

1,106 posts, read 1,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bong477 View Post
Unfortuantely, the couple of advance reviews I read were not very favorable. Too bad.
Interesting--everything I read has skewed positive.
Apparently it is a remake of a Danish series that as popular, so that could be good or bad. I thought the remake of The Killing was terrible.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:33 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
I don't think I would be interested on another killing type show. I get enough of that on the local news and am about all filled up for my daily "killing" quota. What a horrible title, but that is what violent America lives for I guess.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:37 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,891,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charisb View Post
I thought the remake of The Killing was terrible.
Really? It's one of the few shows I was able to bingewatch without getting tired of it halfway through. I liked Joel Kinnaman and Mireille Enos, but Michelle Forbes was absolutely wonderful. I've always liked her, but she became Mitch Larson. Truly one of the best performances by anyone I've ever seen.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:24 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
My partner downloaded it for free on iTunes over the weekend, and we watched it yesterday. I really liked it---a lot. Chloe Sevigny isn't really my favorite actress (ducks flying stelletos being tossed at me by jay5835), but the overall plot of the pilot really sucked me in.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:42 PM

2,290 posts, read 3,826,987 times
New A&E Cop Show To Feature Pittsburgh Prominently « CBS Pittsburgh

Old 03-13-2014, 09:17 AM

2,290 posts, read 3,826,987 times
Well, that was brief.

Seems like just about every production that seems like it's going to use the Pittsburgh cityscape really well ends up being a turd.

Pittsburgh-set series 'Those Who Kill' removed from Monday night schedule - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Old 03-13-2014, 10:04 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,655,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
Well, that was brief.

Seems like just about every production that seems like it's going to use the Pittsburgh cityscape really well ends up being a turd.

Pittsburgh-set series 'Those Who Kill' removed from Monday night schedule - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Yeah, so much for a second season....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh